Chapter 13

Thank you so much to MahomieThatReads for the awesome cover!

Courtney's POV

"Hi Maria!" She jumped to me right after her mom, Gina opened the front door. Maria is my aunt's daughter, she is 13 years younger than me. They lived near my house about 2 years ago until Gina's husband got a job in here, California.

"Hi Courtney!" Gina says, she then hugs me after I put Maria down. "We've been waiting for you, sweetheart. How are you?"

"I'm great, Gina." I smile at her and she asks me to go inside.

She starts asking me a lot of questions, how is my school, how are my parents doing, my dream job and my love life. Talking about love life, I miss him so much, you know who is "him" right? Austin. Yeah, Austin. I miss him like a lot, how is he doing? Is he okay?

After spending my time talking with Gina and play with Maria. I go to my room to unpack my things, my room is pretty big, the walls are cream color and it has a desk with the chair, mirror, single bed, and cupboard.

I check my phone and I'm surprised to see 23 messages and 18 missed calls. Please don't tell me they are from my mom. I open the messages and 19 of them are from an unknown number, the rest are from Leah and Alex. I open each of the messages from the unknown number, they all say,

where are you?

why aren't you answering your phone?

tell me where you are Courtney, we need to talk.

seriously, you're making me worried!

answer your damn phone, damn it!

And the rest are the same. I end up calling that unknown number, it's probably Alex, maybe he changes his phone number.

After the third ring he answers it, "Courtney! Where are you now? I've been trying to call you but it always goes to voice mail!"

"A-Austin?"

~~~

Austin's POV

Here I am, in California. This is the first time ever I get out from the city just to apologize to a girl, I'm so whipped.

I stop a cab and ask the cab driver to send me to her address, Courtney's address.

About 20 minutes later I arrived in front of a medium house, beside a park. I knock on the door, a minute later I see Courtney in her short pants and tank top standing in front of me.

"Courtney, I'm sorry please, I'm so sorry, I apologize for everything. I-"

"Courtney, who's there? Oh hi. Is this your friend, sweetheart?" Says a woman with an apron, she is probably her aunt.

"I, um, yes Gina, he's a friend," She looks at me again and asks me to go inside. "let's talk after dinner." She whispers.

"So, you are..."

"Austin Ma'am."

"Oh just call me Gina," She smiles warmly at me. "You should stay for dinner alright? I've prepared spaghetti and lasagna today. Maria, my daughter really love that. You haven't met her don't ya?"

I shake my head in response and smile back at her. Courtney go down the stairs bringing a little girl with her. That must be Maria, Gina's daughter.

"Ahh come here, Maria. This is Austin, Courtney's friend." Gina says.

The little girl comes to me and stand out her hand. I shake my hand and give her a little hug, she looks like she is only 4. She's cute though.

"Come on, let's eat."

Courtney is already sitting and I sit beside her, I look at the food in front of me, they look so good and inviting.

"Courtney, I want to talk to you after dinner alright?" I ask her. She just nodded.

The dinner goes well, we talk together, talking about random things. But Courtney doesn't talk much, she only laughs a little then nodded. I know it's all my fault, I turn her down for so many times and make her cry. I hope she'll forgive me.

"Austin, let's just talk outside." I nodded and followed her outside.

We sit down on the bench and I start to talk, "I actually want to apologize for everything. I know you must be really hate me all this time. But I truly sorry and deep inside my heart I didn't mean to hurt you like all the things I've done," I sigh when I look at her looking down the grass, swaying her feet. "Can we start over Courtney? Please?"

She look up to meet my eyes, her eyes are teary then seconds later she starts crying. I embrace her in my arms, hugging her tightly, not wanting to let her go.

"I forgive you, Austin." I look down at her, erasing the tears with my thumb.

"Thank you so much." I hug her again.

I don't know how long have we stood there hugging, but the point is we're both happy and comfortable with each other's presence.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

~~~

A/N: HEY GUYS , it's been how many months? Damn I don't even know, but sorry for the lack of updates. It was because of writers block and I was outside of the country for holiday. I'll try to upload once a week okay? I can't promise you that but I'll try. Thank you so much for your support, sorry if there are a lot of grammar mistakes. I'll be editing each chapter after I finished this whole story. Bye, see you on the next chapter.