Chapter 2: The Strange Voice

The next day...

Bloom's P.O.V

Today is the day for the ball. Currently, it's around 6 p.m., and the ball starts around 7. That means I have only one hour to get prepared. I had finished showering and I am searching for a dress for me to wear. "What should I wear?" I said to myself as I go through my dresses. After around five minutes, I decided to wear a dress that is dark blue at the top, a lighter blue at the bottom, and a frilly white skirting around the bottom of the dress. "I think this dress is perfect! It's a celebration of the return of Sparks after all, a lot of people are going to be there,"  I said to myself. After that, I wore the dress and start to do my hair. I also put on my gloves that match the dress colour and a tiara. With that, my looks are complete.

I stood in front of the mirror and look at myself. "The princess of Sparks.." I never thought this would become my title. I never thought I am a princess of one of the most powerful kingdoms in the magic dimension. "Who would've thought, from a normal girl to a princess of what used to be a lost kingdom," I chuckled at the thought. I picked up my phone and take a look at the time. 6.45 was written on the phone. "I should leave now," I said as I left my phone on my vanity and leave my room.

As I was walking, a familiar voice called me. "Bloom... Come to me Bloom..." It was the same voice I heard yesterday, the one that led me to the library. I tried to brush it off as I continue walking but the voice keep on calling me. "Leave me alone," I said quietly but there is no use because it didn't stop. "Listen to me Bloom... Come to me... I need you..." was all I heard. I covered my ears in an attempt to make the voice go away. 

Suddenly, I felt something taking control of me. My hands drop and the same black aura appeared in front of me. "Follow me.." and I did. I think, I'm being hypnotized by it, again. But this time, I've fallen deep into it because I can't think straight anymore. My surroundings are all blurry and I felt trapped in my own mind. The only thing I could focus on is the orb. "Is it taking me back to the library..?" I thought in the back of my head. My suspicions were confirmed when I arrived in front of the same wall where the library was. Subconsciously, I put my hand on the wall and the entrance appeared in front of me.

"Come with me Bloom.." The orb flew inside the library. I followed it and this time, no one is there to stop me. I tried my best to focus on my surroundings and it work. Even though I'm still under the control of the orb, I can see my surroundings. I saw a lot of old books in the library and some of them were even written in a language I can't understand.

I don't know how far in I am in the library when the orb stopped moving. I then noticed a book in front of it. "Come closer..." It whispered again. I did move closer and I get a better look at the book. On it, there is a golden dragon stamped on the leather of the book. I ran my fingers along the golden dragon and I heard the voice whisper to me again, "Take it Bloom... You know you want it... You'll be stronger than anyone in this world.. You'll be powerful... Just let the darkness possess you, Princess Bloom..~" The words stunned me. Let the darkness possess me?  I'll become powerful? 

Those thoughts repeated in my head, but I brushed them away. "No. I won't." My answer made the voice upset because the aura darkened its colour. The voice keeps repeating saying I should take the book and I keep refusing. After that, I suddenly felt weak. I can't control myself anymore. I can only watch my hand as they move closer to the book. I tried so hard to resist and refrain my hand from touching the book but I fail... Suddenly, "BLOOM! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Then, I'm in control of myself again...

Tecna's P.O.V

The Winx and specialists were invited to the celebration of the return of Sparks. After Bloom reunited with her birth parents, she lived with them whilst we stayed at Alfea. Upon receiving the invitation, we were happy and excited to meet Bloom again after a while. It is now 7.10 p.m and the celebrations had started. However, Bloom is nowhere to be seen. "Where is Bloom? The ball had started and she's not even here," Stella said as she frown.