𝐗𝐈𝐈

𝐊𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭

𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

"Joenah, riiise and shiiineeee!" I sang as I walked into Joenah's suite. 

Joenah sat up and smiled at me as he does every morning.

Nasir had left earlier in the morning to go handle business and had called me about an hour ago, telling me that his family was having a little get together at a park and he wanted Joenah and I to go.

After getting Joenah up and doing his morning routine, I gave him a small bowl of oatmeal and sat in him the living room to watch 'Martha Speaks' while I went and got myself together. 

Nas came back to the house around 1:30 PM to freshen up and we left around 2:00, arriving at the park by 2:45.

Nas and I were walking up to the picnic tables hand in hand while Joenah was on his other side, holding his hand. I swear, Joenah is starting to like him more than me🥺. We walked up to a brown skinned woman who stood tall at about 5'7 who was standing in front of a grill. 

"Mama!" Nasir called from behind her.

The lady turned around and wrapped her arms around Nasir, smiling. "Hey baby!" He exclaimed as they hugged. 

"Mama, this is my girlfriend Kwality and her brother Joenah." He introduced us

"Hey hun, and looka you, aren't you the cutest thing!" She said smiling at Joenah 

"Hi." He said with a beaming smile

"Well, y'all the food thats done is on them tables over there, Nasir, yo no good ass daddy gon be here later but yo' cousin Ron and ManMan over dea playing dice with they worthless asses." His mother said as she flipped the meat on the grill

We giggled at her choice of words.

"I go play?" Joenah asked us, pointing at the other kids by the playground.

"Yes, go ahead and meet your new cousins." Nasir told him, causing me to smile.

Nasir took me by the hand as we walked over to his cousins who were playing dice with some others. 

"Nas, wassup nigga?" One of them said

"Ron, wassup mayne. Hey ManMan. Ya'll this my girlfriend Kwality." 

"Hey, y'all." I said

"You fine li' mama." A guy in a blue shirt said

"Aye dawg, chillout." Nas said laughing

"Anyways, let me hop in this bitch." Nas said

"I'm going to make a plate and watch Joenah. You want me to fix you something?" I asked him, glancing over at the playground seeing Joenah peddle on a bike with one of Nasir's cousins.

"Yea, that's fine baby. Thanks."

I walked over to the table and was shoved by a heavier set woman.

"Oops, excuse me." The girl said

"You're fine." I said genuinely 

"You're Nasir's girl right?" The girl asked

"Yes, and you are?" 

"I'm Naya, I'm surprised you haven't heard of me. I'm Nas' first love, his high school sweetheart!" Naya said placing her hand over her heart.

Ight, I see how this gon go

"I'm sorry, I haven't heard the slightest buzz of your name. First doesn't mean current, my love." I told her before turning around and taking the top off the baked macaroni.

"Fucking bitch." Naya snarled as she turned around and continued to go on her way.

I continued to make a small plate for Joenah and a plate for Nas before I made my own before my attention was guided towards an altercation that was happening in the game of dice.

"Nigga, I DON'T CARE ABOUT NONE OF THAT! You think I got some shit to lose? I'll spray yo ass up!" The guy in the tee shirt yelled at Cousin Ron

"Nigga, I don't give a fuck either, do what you gon do, with yo cheating ass!" Ron yelled back

"Nigga, give me my fucking money! You ain't got no business gambling and betting big money if you don't got it." Blue shirt said

I was walking up with Nasir's plate when I heard Nasir offer to pay off Ron's debt.

"Nah fuck that Nas, I want the money to come from HIM. Matter fact, fuck that. I got some shit, Imma see you Ron. Bitch ass nigga." Blue shirt said

"Kaine, fuck you man. You know I'mma pay you, fuck out here with the bull man." Ron said as Kaine stormed out the park.

"Here's your plate baby." I said, handing it to him

"Thank you shordy, I'm finna go over there and eat with y'all."

I nodded my head and made my way to Joenah who was still on the bike.

"Joenah, come on and eat, you can get back on after, okay?" I said, taking him by the hand.

We all sat at one of picnic tables with some more of Nas' family members, and ate the good food. My plate was piled with a cheese burger, barbecue ribs, mac and cheese, candied yams, collard greens, cornbread, green beans and other classics.

After we ate, Joenah ran back to the bike he was on while Nas and I stayed at the table talking to a few of his aunts and uncles when an old dark green Toyota came to a screeching halt in the middle of the street, shots rang out, screaming was heard and everything went black...

 ♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

- Y'all didn't reach the goal but some new readers was making my day so I decided to be nice and bless yall with an update😀

- I'm asking for 25 votes and comments for the next chapter, that's not hard.

- What are y'all thinking of Nas' family?

- Cousin Ron?

- Something bad happened🥺 if somebody in the next chapter is dying, who do you think it is?😗

- Any other thoughts & opinions?

- Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!