Thirty Two

My head felt light. But not in a "I'm drunk out of my mind" kinda way. It just felt like my head was finally clear of all the nonsense that had been going on the past few weeks.

As I stared up at the ceiling with a smile on my face.

"I'm going to tell Tom how I feel," I said. "For real this time."

"You are?"

"Yeah," I smiled, sitting up. Laura was lounging on the floor of my hotel room while I laid on my bed. We had gone out to party last night and it had felt amazing to get wasted (I didn't even drink that much) and not worry about anything for a while. This morning when I woke up, instead of having a killer hangover I had a killer smile. For the first time since ComicCon started, I was happy.

"Maybe you should hold off on that," Laura mumbled. She hadn't been so lucky. Considering that she got the most wasted out of our whole group, she was having a pretty terrible hangover.

"Why?" I peered at her from my bed. "Do you wanna lay on the bed instead of the floor?"

She dismissed my proposition with  wave of her hand, "I don't know, things have just been so stressed between you to, maybe you should just chill for a sec."

Her words made me angry, how could she say that?  I just want to scream at the top of my lungs "Tom I think I'm in love with you!"

"Holy Shit," I covered my mouth with my hand.

"What?" she picked her head up slightly to look at me.

"I just said the L-word in my head..."

"In the context of Tom?"

"Yessss," I hissed, my head starting to over think.

"Hey, just calm down, you didn't say it out loud so you're not totally screwed," she told me.

"You're right, it only becomes real once you say it out loud," I told myself more than her. A knock came a second later. "Coming!"

I opened the door and there stood Tony.

"Hey, the guys and I wanted to go for lunch, you ladies up for it?"

"Sure!" Laura's muffled voice came from the floor.

"Sure," I repeated.

"Great, we'll meet in half an hour," he said and left. I closed the door behind him and sighed.

"Why do they always think we're gonna take thirty minutes to get ready," I huffed.

"I know, I need at least an hour," Laura sat up slowly. "Ugh, my head hurts."

"I'll get you some advil."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tomholland2013