Missions

A/N sorry for the long wait. Merry Christmas.

Sang's POV

Over the next few days and weeks, we settled into a rhythm. Uncle brought me homework to do and I cooked dinner. Uncle set me up with a laptop to do my homework.

I really wanted to go to college, but Uncle  says it would be safer to stay at home.

"Sang, I wanted to speak to you about something." Uncle said.

I look up at my uncle and nod my head, telling him to continue.

"Sang, I'm a part of an organisation called The Academy, they help people in need. We get children out of abusive homes, rehome families who have no one else, sometimes we take down criminal organisations. One of my colleagues, Corey Henshaw, managed to find out about you, that is why you are here. In the academy we have teams that work together, but they are more like families. The team Corey is in, the Toma team, are working on a mission to bring down a prostitution ring, that is also making drugs and selling them at a local high school. Your Father, step mother and step sister are part of this criminal gang. How would you feel about helping the Toma team" Uncle says.

I beam up at my uncle and nod my head furiously, " Nothing would make me happier than to see them behind bars, uncle. I can tell you where my father stores his most important paperwork and he recently bought an abandoned warehouse in North Charleston. Maybe that's where they are making the drugs or storing the girls they kidnap" I say excitedly.

Uncle looks down at me and shakes his head, "You are exactly like your mother, she always picked up the subtle hints that no one else could. She would be so proud of you. " Uncle says.

I think about all the things I heard over the years. The kidnappings, the forced prostitution, the murders and the drugs.

"Uncle, I'll need to get back into my father's house, I have a diary that I wrote all the things I overheard. Its in the attic space in my room. We'll need to retrieve it soon before they find it. I'm not worried about them reading it, I wrote it in code. It's written in Korean lettering, but using English spellings. They'll never translate it, but they might destroy it, and then we'll never be able to use it against them." I say.

Uncle looks at me and shakes his head, "You never cease to amaze me, Sang" he says.

"Uncle I could go next weekend, as I know they'll be out. Its step mothers birthday and they always go out for her birthday", I say.

"Do they always go to same place every year  Sang" Uncle says.

"I believe so, but I was never allowed to accompany them and always had to stay at home", I say.

My uncle looked at me in disbelief, he shock his head and mumbled something unintelligible.

"Sang, what age were you when they left you home alone", Uncle asks.

I think for a moment, before answering "Four I think, I can't remember before that", I say.

Uncle stops smiling and mutters something, I can't quite make out what he is saying.

"Sang, I would feel better with someone else going to retrieve the evidence." Uncle says.

"I understand that you want to keep me safe, but unless they are under 5ft 2 they won't be able to get into the crawl space where I left it. Also they will need me just to get into my room. I booby trapped it." I say.

"Okay,  you can go if someone accompanies you. Just to make sure that you are safe." Uncle says.

I think about for a few minutes and then I remember Luke from the diner. He was very agile and light on his feet. I wonder if he is Academy too.

"Uncle, could I take Luke from the diner with me. Would that be okay?" I ask.

Uncle shakes his head and says, "That was who I was going to suggest. You have a real talent for reading people".

"I'll speak to Luke and his team lead and we'll organise something ok" Uncle says.

I nod my head, excitedly.

I can actually do something to help.