Coming Home

A/N anything italicized is the phone conversation.

John Buble's POV

I walk out of Phil's office in the academy hospital and go towards my car. I pull out my phone and call Lily Anderson, if I'm going to do this right, I will need some help.

Good evening Liam, can I speak to Lily please

Of course John, is everything ok.

Liam, I found her, I found my niece.

John that's wonderful news

Yes and no, she's being abused terribly by her step mother, hence why I want Lily. Also she's 15 and excelling at one of my college classes.

Woah, a genius then, good luck. Lily is here now so I'll pass you over.

Lily are you free this evening,; I need some help.

Of course, I heard you speaking with Liam, is it to do with your niece

Yes, I'm going to remove her from her abusive home

Oh John, this must be so bittersweet for you. How are you going to proceed.

I thought I would offer her a 3 year scholarship. Telling her stepmother that she'll be housed elsewhere in the country.

Why would I be coming then?

As a nurse to make sure that she is fit to travel.

That sounds like a good idea. What is her name and address.

Sang Sorenson and I'll send you the address now.

Perfect John , I'll see you there soon.

I quickly send a text to Lily with Sang's address.

I buckle myself in and prepare for the journey to Summerville.

It should only take 30 minutes from here.

As I drive I think of my sister, Marcia, she would be so proud of her daughter. It's heartbreaking to think she only got 4 days with her. She would be 31 now. Only 15 when that bastard raped her.

I would like to gut him alive.

I pull up to the house and wait outside for Lily to arrive. I look through the window to see Sang cleaning up the kitchen with tears running down her face.

I see her retreat upstairs, just as Lily arrives.

"Lily shall we go in" I say

Lily nods her head and together we move to the front door. I ring the bell and wait.

"Sang get your useless whore ass down here and answer the door" I hear her stepmother say.

Anger boils within my veins, how dare she.

The door opens and Sang gasps.

"It's my teacher" Sang says.

I see a middle aged woman, long greasy hair hanging down her back. A look of evil in her eyes.

'Mrs Sorensen, I can assure you that Sang has done nothing wrong, in fact she is my star pupil and the reason I am here is that she has been offered a full scholarship for Stanford. Your daughter is a genius" I say, through gritted teeth.

'So she'll live on the other side of the country then. Would she need to come home during the holidays?" Mrs Sorensen asked.

"No she could stay there if she wished" I said.