"Don't think you're forgiven" I say as I take the chocolates from his hand and pop one into my mouth.

He laughs, "You're adorable. Don't worry, I'm fairly confident you'll forgive me by the end of today" he says and I huff, knowing full well I'll forgive him in the next 5 minutes.

"Where are we going?" I ask and he smiles.

"We're first going to lunch, then I have the whole day planned out. Don't bother asking, it's a surprise. But I know you'll love it" he says and I smile, nodding.

We drive for half an hour and I start getting suspicious. We left the border of town a while ago, and now we're driving down a straight road, with no buildings in sight.

"Where is this place that we're going for lunch?" I ask and he glances at me before focusing his eyes back on the road.

"It's in the next town over. We're almost there, don't worry. One of the places I planned for us to go is quite far from here. Instead of just driving for 2 straight hours, I thought we could stop at different places for our date on the way there" he explains and I nod.

"How many places have you planned for us to go?" I ask and he looks down, counting with his fingers.

"Four" he says as he holds up four fingers, and I nod with a small smile.

He pulls up at a small diner, and we get out. "My friend owns this store so I thought I'd bring you here and introduce you two. Plus, I don't know if any of the other restaurants and diners around here are any good." he says and I nod.

He opens the door for me, "After you, princess" he says and I giggle.

"Why thank you, kind sir. You may stand out here and stand guard, make sure you keep out the intruders!" I say with a laugh as I walk in, and I see him roll his eyes with a smile.

"Hello, welcome to Gareld's diner what can I-" I hear a guy say but gasps as he sees Jay. Jay smiles and the guy -I assume to be named Gareld- came over and they did the weird handshake thing that guys do.

They laugh and hug, "I've missed you man, what brings you over here?" Gareld says, he doesn't seem to not have noticed me yet.

"I'm actually here with my boyfriend, Axel" he says and pushes me forward a bit, "We're on a date, and we're heading somewhere pretty far away so I thought we'd swing by here for lunch since it's on the way"

"Nice to you meet you, Axel. I'm Gareld. I've heard a lot about you from Jayden. He talks about you nonstop. He's really in love with you" Gareld says and I blush as Jay laughs.

He holds out a hand and I shake it, "It's nice to meet you too" I say with a smile. We go and take a seat in a booth near the window as Gareld gives us our menus.

"You guys look over the menu, and I'll be back" he says and walks off. I look at the menu and have no idea what to eat.

"Do you have any suggestions?" I ask Jay and he shakes his head.

"I've only been here once, but I remember that their club sandwich was good"

I nod, "I'll take your word for it"

Gareld walks back over, holding a notepad and a pen. "So have you guys decided what you want?" he says and I look at Jay. He smiles and gives me a nod, telling me to order first.

"I'd like a club sandwich with a chocolate milkshake please" I say as Gareld nods and scribbles something onto his notepad.

"Burger and fries with a coffee" Jay says and Gareld looks at him, disappointed.