Chapter 5: Nobody is safe

(Usually i start at the pyramid, but this time, i'll start at the Auditions and make the chapter short and sweet, because this is gonna skip to the week where Kelly gets the boot in New York, but Brooke and Paige stay.)

It was the day before competition and in Atlanta, Georgia, there was a building called Center Stage Theater, which is an performing arts theater and that was where Abby was going to be holding her second open call audition and like the previous time, Cameron came with her as a row of auditioning dancers and their parents, mostly moms like last time were all inside and once Abby and Cameron came onto the stage, they cheered as the Millers waved at them and Melissa, Holly and Christi were there helping Abby and Cameron with ALDC merchandise, which meant that Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia and Chloe, who were also there in their ALDC jackets were gonna be leading the audition.

"Hey!" Abby greeted.

"Thank you, everyone!" Cameron added. "Thanks for coming out today. This is an audition and my mom's studio, the Abby Lee Dance Company is looking for replacements. The time has come and lazy slugs as my mom would always say, need to go."

The auditioning dancers then came on to the stage and they spread apart and the dancing began, the dancers that Abby and her son were looking for was high kicks, overstretched splits, great flexibility and they had to have the look.

"Hold it! The girl with the bad haircut, can you please get out here" Cameron asked as dancer #403, a girl with short hair approached him and when he found her mom the audience, he turned his attention to her. "You're limiting her marketability and limiting the jobs she can get with the look."

Dancer #403 was cut and the rehearsals resumed as Abby and Cameron made cuts to auditioning dancers that were messing up and at one point, Abby and Cameron were off the stage watching and continued to observe and after they cut Dancer #003, a small girl from Atlanta, she approached them.

"Wait, where are you going?" Abby asked.

"I'll work and train hard for you." Dancer #003 told them.

"How old are you?" Cameron asked.

"Eleven.'

"We've got Maddie and she's eleven." Abby said

"I believe that i can work hard and train hard and one day be able to beat whoever i need for you." Dancer #003 said, then another voice was heard.

"Give her a second chance!" The voice came form her mother as there was cheering. "Give her a second chance!"

Abby and her son looked at the crowd.

"I knew this was gonna happen, mom." Cameron muttered to Abby.

"Yeah." Abby added, but she and Cameron were firm and told her that there were no second chances, then the mother kept running her mouth and the Millers had her escorted from the building, some other moms tried verbally fighting them after their daughters got cut, but the Millers held their ground and then they, Melissa, Holly, Christi, Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia and Chloe all headed back to the Atlanta Marriott Marquis hotel.

(Group costume for My Hands: Sequin foil lace and foil mesh dress over attached spandex shortall.)

(Chloe, Kendall and Paige's trio costume for La Cadera: Sequin, mesh and spandex leotard with attached sequin fringe skirt.)

(Maddie's solo costume for Roaring Twenties: Sequin fringe dress with sequin spandex trim over attached spandex leotard.)

(Mackenzie's solo costume for The Riddle: Sequin and tie-dye mesh tunic over attached spandex shortall.)

The next day, it was competition day and like usual, fans were ready to greet the Abby Lee Dance Company at the Center Stage, where Masters of Dance Arts was being held at and that was where the auditions were held at the day prior and Abby, Cameron, Gianna and Julie led the moms and girls to the entrance as the passed by the fans and waved at them as they entered the place and Cameron got them signed in and once he did that, they arrived in their dressing room. Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe, Kendall and Paige started getting ready for the solos and trio as Nia and Brooke was getting ready for the group dance later and they were in their costumes except for Nia and Brooke since the group would be later.

"Remember, apply those corrections." Julie told them, then Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe, Kendall and Paige went to the wings of the stage as Abby, Cameron, Gianna, Julie and the moms all took their seats.

"Next up in our elite mini soloist division, we have Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with The Riddle." Mackenzie came onto the stage and she began dancing after the music started and from the start Mackenzie entertained the audience with her dance and at the end, she did a pose and left the stage.

"Up next in our junior soloist division we have Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Roaring Twenties!" Maddie walked on the stage and was in her starting position. Right from the start of th e music, she was fantastic on the stage and kept it that way in her solo and once the music stopped, she posed and headed off stage

"Next in the duet/trio division, here is Chloe, Kendall and Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company with La Cadera!" Chloe, Kendall and Paige all went on to the stage to do their trio and they danced well together and at the end of the routine, they sat on the edge of the stage as the ending pose, then everyone went backstage to get ready for the group dance and once everything was ready, the girls went to the stage as Abby, Cameron, Julie and Gianna went to their seats with the moms.

"Coming up next in our junior small groups, we have the Abby Lee Dance Company with My Hands!" The girls all walked on to the stage and took their spots and from the beginning, they danced in sync and was feeding off of each other's energy and posed at the conclusion. For awards, Mackenzie got second in the elite mini soloist division, Maddie got first in the elite junior soloist division, Chloe, Kendall and Paige got first in the duet/trio division and the girls got first in the group, making it four wins in a row for them, but little did anyone know, the dynamic in the ALDC would change soon.