Chapter Two (Part One)

A black tabby crouched down, her haunches ready to run. Just a moment more...

"Fireflight, where are you?" As the she-cat was running after the hare she had seen, she faltered when she heard the voice of her close friend. Fireflight groaned and stood up. She looked over her shoulder to see a small black she-cat with yellow eyes gleaming.

"Tinyfoot! You made me lose my prey!" Fireflight growled half-heartedly. Tinyfoot looked only slightly remorseful.

"Sorry, but I couldn't see you!" The small she-cat's eyes lit up. "But Darkstar asked to see us! I think it's about the kits' apprentice ceremony."

Fireflight was intrigued. She had always wanted an apprentice, but assumed she would never get one. She was too jumpy and nervous.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" the black tabby smirked. "Race you!"

She bolted for the WindClan camp, and she heard Tinyfoot right behind her. When they finally reached the camp, Fireflight was still in the lead.

"There!" Fireflight was panting heavily. "I win!"

Tinyfoot rolled her eyes and padded into camp. Fireflight followed her into Darkstar's den.

"Come in," said the voice of the WindClan leader.

"Darkstar, I brought back Fireflight. What did you want to see us about?" Tinyfoot started.

The cream tom nodded. Fireflight saw him hesitate before he spoke.

"I was thinking, Otterkit and Hazelkit are nearing six moons. You two would make good mentors. I only wondered if you had a preference to a specific kit?" Darkstar asked. Fireflight shifted her paws.

"You can choose who you want, Fireflight. I don't mind," Tinyfoot purred in excitement. The black tabby she-cat nodded.

"Alright. I want..."

CHOOSE
A) Otterkit - she is a quiet kit, and she would be easy to control, but she might be too much like Fireflight for either of their good

B) Hazelkit - he is loud and arrogant and he would be difficult to mentor, but he might bring Fireflight out of her shell

Oooh! A WindClan warrior pov! His should be exciting :3 also another thing about apprentices. I promise the third pov character won't have a kit becoming an apprentice in it (btw there's a third pov character :D)! I am pretty excited for this chapter, bc I'm planning for plot relevant things to start !!
~thornn