Chapter One (Part Seven)

"Your mentor will be Minktail. I hope Minktail will pass down all she knows on to you," Burnstar meowed. "Minktail, step up."

Minktail took a step toward Shellpaw, a surprised look in her eyes.

"Minktail, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Sunthicket, and you have shown yourself to be smart and sensible. You will be the mentor of Shellpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her," Burnstar said, staring at Shellpaw still. It slightly unnerved the brown and black she-cat, but she paid no mind.

Minktail turned to Shellpaw and smiled, stepping forward to touch noses with her. Shellpaw purred. She had always liked Minktail, and she was glad the she-cat would be her mentor.

"Shellpaw! Shellpaw! Shellpaw!" Shellpaw heard the Clan shouting out her new name, and she burst with pride.

"Go see your family, then we can talk," Minktail whispered, and Shellpaw nodded. She ran over to Snakewillow, Larkblaze, and Lakekit.

"Congratulations, Shellpaw!" Snakewillow purred, rubbing her cheek on the black and brown she-cat.

"Thanks," Shellpaw mewed, feeling like a kit. She glanced at Lakekit, and saw her brother smiling.

"Don't worry, I'll catch up quick!" Lakekit meowed playfully.

"Sure you will," Shellpaw mewed sarcastically. She glanced up at her father, who had not said a word.

"You better go see your mentor," Larkblaze said monotonously. Shellpaw inwardly flinched, but nodded.

Shellpaw smiled and padded away to see Minktail. "So, anything I can do today?"

"Make sure to find your nest in the apprentice's den. There's plenty of space there," Minktail smiled. "And be sure to be up bright and early tomorrow."

Shellpaw nodded and padded away, grinning. She was so happy to finally be an apprentice.

(End of Chapter One)

Well, that's the end of this chapter! Sorry this part is so short :T
I'm excited for the next chapter. Some exciting things happen (hint hint it takes place with another character in a different clan hint hint)
See ya then!
-thornn