24. Boundaries pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Steve sat there speechless after witnessing what just happened. Jamie gave him a weird expression before realizing she accidentally used her powers.

"Oh! Um the remo-", Jamie panicked and started to lie.

"You too?!", Steve whispered in amazement as he quickly shook his head to grasp the idea of having a girlfriend with super powers.

"Wait, what?"

"You have powers just like El?!", he whispered.

"I... don't know what you're ta-"

"Jamie. Cut the shit", Steve chuckled as he wiped the tiniest bit of blood from her nose with the back of his knuckle.

"Wait? You know about that?", Jamie asked surprisingly.

"Girl, I've have seen some shit, okay. More than you could ever imagine", he said causing Jamie to laugh while wiping his knuckle on his pants leg.

Steve looked at Jamie with squinted eyes and pointed his finger.

"My tires... was that you?", he asked.

Jamie's smile disappeared as she looked towards the ground. "Sorry... "

"Jamie?! What the hell?!"

"You must've forgot that you we're being an asshole", Jamie replied as she folded her arms.

Steve scoffed to himself and moved Jamie's homework from his lap to reach in his back pocket for his phone.

"Shh, it's your dad. IT'S HOPPER, EVERYONE ACT NORMAL!", Steve shouted just in case Will and El decided to wreak havoc while he was on the phone.

"Hey Ho-... what?", Steve sat up and furrowed his eyebrows while Jamie watched in confusion.

"Wait, why are you guys at the hospital? Is the baby okay?", he continued as he looked at Jamie who had no idea what was going on.

Steve stood up, placed his fingers on his forehead, and paced the floor.

"She's right here", Steve continued as he looked over at Jamie.

Jamie stood from the couch allowing the blanket to fall to the floor and watched Steve as he went over to the front window, stood to the side, and peeked out the blinds.

"No ,there's no one outside. What happened at the trail-", Steve replied to Hopper who frantically spoke on the other end.

"STEVE JUST FUCKING LISTEN TO WHAT I AM TELLING YOU, JESUS", Jamie heard Hopper shout from the other end.

"Okay", Steve swallowed. "See you there", he quickly hung up.

"What's going on? What did he say?", Jamie asked cluelessly.

"We need to get our shit and go to the cabin, now", Steve said frantically grabbing his bookbag and tossing Jamies homework in there.

"Why? I thought you only go there if-"

"JAMIE!", Steve nearly shouted in frustration. "Please just listen and grab your stuff. We need to go", he continued while fixing his tone.

Jamie ran to the room and grabbed an overnight bag shoving as much as she could fit inside of it. She ran to the closet and grabbed extra toiletries before running back to the living room.

"What's going on?", Will asked with his backpack on his arm and a few other things.

"I'll explain later, we need to get out of here", Steve rushed as he held the door open as everyone headed out and went towards the car.