Chapter 9: Bard

What did he mean they're gone?! At his words, I quickly changed back into my regular clothing and grabbed my weapons before opening the door to see Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Neria all standing outside my room in their regular Jedi clothing.

"Where are they?" I questioned.

"They're heading down the river." Neria explained.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I urged.

The five of us quickly rushed out of the kingdom and towards the river that Neria mentioned to see Bilbo and the dwarves in barrels floating down the river towards a bridge with a gate. At that moment, we saw Legolas rush out with my father by his side, and another elf with a horn in his hand. The third elf blew his horn, causing the guards on the bridge to close the gate.

We watched as the gates closed before the company could pass through, stopping them from going any further. Just as the guards were about to capture the company, an arrow hit one of the elf guards. An orc then jumped from behind the guard, pushing the elf into the river.

Several more orcs began to appear out of nowhere attacking the elves. We exchanged quick looks before nodding. We had to help them out. We rushed over towards the grass by the river where the guards were fighting the orcs. Two orcs lunged towards me, letting out an animalistic growl. I ignited my two lightsabers, taking them down in a heartbeat.

The orcs around me were enraged. They charged towards me. I raised my lightsabers, prepared to take them on. Once they reached me, I dodged their swords. As I duck, I swung my lightsabers, hitting the orcs' legs. Several of them let out shrieks as they collapsed onto the ground.

"Miona!" I heard Obi-Wan yell out.

I whipped around to see an orc right behind me with his sword in the air. But before he could touch me, an arrow struck his chest. I then used the Force to push him into the river. I turned back around to see that it was my father who struck the orc. He had a bow and a quiver of arrows like Legolas.

"So that's the weapon of a Jedi." He commented before firing another arrow.

"Yeah. Mom told about the Jedi?" I asked as I struck another orc.

"She told me much her home galaxy." He clarified.

I noticed an orc creeping up behind my father. Without thinking twice, I lunged over my father and up in the air. He had jumped up in the air as well, but I tackled him to the ground. I quickly struck my lightsaber in his chest before he could get up. My father looked at me in awe.

"You're welcome." I said as I climbed up from the ground.

As we continued to fight the orcs, I heard Fili's voice yell out. "Kili!"

I whipped around to see Kili lying on the ground of the bridge next to the lever to open the gate. He had an arrow in his leg. An orc hovered before him, prepared to strike. However before the orc could hurt him, Tauriel shot an arrow at the orc, knocking him into the river. She quickly joined us, helping to fight off the orcs. I noticed one of the orcs, who looked uglier than the others yell something in a harsh sounding language.

Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Neria, Tauriel, Legolas, my father, and I all continued to fight off the orcs that seemed to grow and grow in numbers. I was so engrossed with battling the orcs that I didn't realize that the company was heading down the river until Obi-Wan spoke up.

"Come on, let's follow them before we lose them." He advised.

I glanced back to see a sad look on my father's face. "You were always planning on leaving, weren't you?"