Chapter 19

I squeal in delight at the sight of my phone. It is placed beside my new school bag on the bed. Once in my hand, I switch it on.

I wince at the notifications. Oh geez. A thousand messages, fifty missed calls and a couple of voice mails. I'm not going to listen or read those. I grab my bag and head out.

Nolan is seated at the dining, eating. Scared, I sit at the other end of the table. I am glad the table was long, and has varieties of food on it. I mumble a good morning and start eating. I glance at Nolan as I drink hot cocoa from my mug.

It's rather confusing. I woke up in his bed. I'm pretty sure I slept on the floor.

Once Mara noticed I was up, she led to my own suite which was an exact replica of his. I am so going to put on wallpapers or even better paint the walls. The plain whites are a bore.

"Hurry. The Elders request our presence before we leave for school." He dabs at his mouth with a handkerchief.

I nod, stuffing a cookie in my mouth. I clean my hands with a napkin and got to my feet.

After many treks later (trust me it's not easy, especially after eating), we stood in front of a closed door. The groom stands at attention, waiting for Nolan to give an order. Instead he turns to me, looks at me from head to toe. He draws out an handkerchief and wipes at my mouth.

"You are messy when eating," He whispered harshly. My cheeks flamed in embarrassment.  I can't believe I walked all the way here with crumbs on my mouth without him telling me.

He nods to the groom who opens the door. We step in to see all royals present, seated in a circle. There are two more people present. It is not until I sat that I recognized them. At least one of them. Henry. And the very regal woman sitting beside him should be his mother. They have the same dirty blond hair and pouty mouth. I hide my delight at the sight of him.

"Good morning," Nolan says, giving my hand a tight squeeze. I snap out of my rendezvous and greet the elders.

"Good that we are all here. I have an announcement to make," King Richard gives a dramatic pause. "We have amongst us new members and I would like us all to accept them."

"I believe we are familiar with former Queen Genevieve and Prince Henry. They are back and would be staying with us. Their titles would be restored," He continues.

Queen Gabrielle shifts in her seat at this while Genevieve grins so sweetly at the King, fluttering her lashes.

Whoa. What the hell is with this woman?

"Genevieve would remain as Prinncess and Henry as Prince. Their presence should and must be accepted. Any objections?"

No one says a thing but the silence held a thousand unspoken argument. I've never felt such heat of disagreement in silence. I almost double over, feeling uncomfortable.

"Good." He claps his hands together. "Welcome once again to family, Crown Princess Annabelle." He nods at me. Then to Nolan, "Nolan, how has the finances of the Southern city been doing?"

Nolan answers, receiving nods from his father. Apparently, there was an influx in the South but he had seen to the issue. How did he manage to do that? How does he sound so confident?

King Richard asks more questions to which Nolan answered smoothly.

Then he assigns Henry to partner up with Nolan and then to be in charge of the Eastern health sector.

I do not understand some of what was said but I definitely do understand the reactions. Henry and his mom are very happy. I grew happy too but on seeing the cold stare in Nolan's eyes, I become confused.

"Meeting adjourned," The King says and hits the table twice with the royal gravel.

A sigh escapes me. I am happy to have this over.

Is this how it's going to be for the next two years? It better comes and go cause I'm confused and tired of the unspoken emotions all over the place.

Please vote share and comment

Please vote share and comment. 😍