Chapter 25

"What's wrong?" Ye Hua asked his wife as he sat beside her on the bed where she was still wrapped in the blanket, eyes closed.

"I just feel a little off. It's nothing to worry about" Bai Qian replied taking his hand in hers without opening her eyes

"Qian Qian, let me see your eyes" Ye Hua asked

"There's no need. The light makes my head hurt that's why I'm keeping it closed. You should get back to work, I think I'll sleep some more"

Ye Hua smiled, anytime she wanted to get rid of him, she said she wanted to sleep. It was funny that while he recognized it, she never did. He'd laugh and tease her but he was really worried about her eyes, they had been red and swollen after their encounter with the Ghost Empress and had been getting worse rather than better since then. He suspected she was trying to keep him from realizing how bad things had gotten. He pulled the blanket around her, placed his hands around her face and gently raised her lids before she realized what he was doing.

"Qian Qian! Why didn't you say something!" Her eyes were the color of blood, you could barely see her iris and pus pooled at each corner.

Bai Qian sighed, she knew how bad they looked, unfortunately, they felt even worse which given how bad they looked meant she was in the worst pain she'd experienced in recent history.

"I'll get the medicine king..."

"No, Zhe Yan" She replied

"I guess it's great that I'm here then" Zhe Yan replied "Your maid said you were here. I hope I'm not interrupting" Zhe Ya said.

"High god Zhe Yan" Ye Hua stood in greeting as Zhe Yan walked towards them

"Xiao Wu, how are you feeling?"

In response, Bai Qian opened her eyes.

Zhe Yan sighed deeply. "I need to get those eyes out of your sockets. I suspected that they'd be sensitive to magical underworld light but never expected you would have any reason to be exposed to that" The second part of the statement was directed at Ye Hua.

"Xuan Nu beamed some light at her" Ye Hua replied

"I cannot say how glad I am that girl is finally dead. Still we need to deal with those eyes sooner rather than later"

"I want my own eyes. If I'm going to go through the pain of replacing my eyes again, I want my natural eyes back"

"Those eyes need to come out within 24 hours, you two do whatever you need to do. I'll come back to deal with it then." Zhe Yan said as he walked out

"I know it's a short lead and last minute prep but we have a plan that will work, we just need to get everyone together" Bai Qian said when Ye Hua sat beside her again

"I can just get your eyes from Su Jin"

"Then I won't get justice for the rest of it, she will go around spreading false tales and for reasons I still don't understand, the immortals of nine heavens tend to believe her. I won't live under the shadow of her tales for taking what is rightfully mine"

"Qian Qian ..."

She stroked his face. "Let's end that chapter once and for all"

He covered the hand on his face with one of his own and nodded.

"I'd offer to help plan the dinner but I can only see by magic and that is draining so I'm going to stay in bed the rest of the day"

He nodded.

The dinner was planned for the main hall. By the time Ye Hua and Bai Qian got there, the fox emperor, his wife and fourth son had joined Ye Hua's family. Zhe Yan and Di Jun were also in attendance even though both seemed engaged in their own discussion. After the greetings and kotows, everyone was seated.