Chapter 17

Sorry this update took longer than usual! I just wanted to tell you that this Thursday, which is Halloween, and Friday this story will not be getting updated. Before those two days I can try updating the day before, but I am not sure if it will be possible. That is why this story is being updated now! Also I have been waiting to write this chapter, in which I would have totally done it yesterday but my whole family was having a whole get together party type thing! So thank you for patiently waiting, and thank you so much for taking your precious time and reading this! Enjoy!

_____________________________________________

A family is a group of people who love and protect each other no matter the cost.

That is what Rui had said to me once. 

Every word that came out of his mouth, was laced with a story behind it. Those stories were however kept deep down inside, locked away from others. 

We had this conversation once, in which I remember quite well. The first words that had come out of his mouth were..

"Do you have a family?"

...At the time the word that had come out of my bitter tasting mouth was 'Yes,' but now I am not sure. 

He says, 'A family is a group of people who love and protect each other no matter the cost.'

I believe my answer would then be I did have a family like that. 

Back long ago...when I was human.

While I guess, I do have some sort of make-shift family now, I don't think it would fit the definition of what he calls a family. 

I truly care for the people I call a family now, but when I say that out loud, my mouth gets filled with this nasty taste of bitterness. This so called new 'family' is a fake plastered up sign, to make people around us think that it would be the case. I want to think of them as a family, but my mind and guts, won't except that too be the case.