Prologue

"Listen Charlie, if any of those hockey jocks give you a hard time you tell us and we'll take care of it." Liam cautioned as the team huddled around Coach and I for our final goodbyes.

"Our little sis is finally growing up." Jason whined before being nudged by Adam who told him to shut up.

It was only the 2nd week of college ball but here I was saying goodbye to the team I had grown close to for the last two years.

After my 2 years fellowship at our university's athletic department, my senior asked if I wanted to take a job working on the ice with a professional team.

"You won't miss me too much, I'm sure a hot new athletic trainer is gonna come busy you soon enough." I joked earning a glare from Coach Barley, "These boys don't need any more distractions then they have already."

I laughed before turning to the guys, "I really will miss you guys though, try to come visit the rink will you?"

All of them nodded, "We better see you in the stands too decked out in teal and white!" Corry yelled.

"Of course! Who do you think I am? A traitor?"

As the mood dimmed down and before Coach Barley could call a break, the guys huddled around and engulfed me in a large group hug.

Normally, the smell of football wasn't my favorite but today it smelled familiar and comforting as odd as it seemed.

"To Charlie!" Eric yelled out as the captain with his helmets in the center, "To Charlie!"

•••

New book! I know, I know :) I hope you guys are excited though!

What do you think?

-Anne

Full Contactजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें