e i g h t // dress

a/n: Okay, so I'm supposed to be doing homework rn... but I felt so guilty abt not updating for a year, that I decided to do this instead. Heh I hope you enjoy it whilst my grades do not.

Rhys watched as Leah twirled around in her new gown in the center of the throne room.

She thought she was alone. Well, she figured Rhys was lurking nearby but she didn't much care.

The black silk shimmered in the candlelight of the throne room. She spun, feeling somewhat natural right where she was. Her eyes gleaming and her face bright as a ray of moonlight shone through the window.

She seemed so much more beautiful now that she was happier there. Rhys could sense her newfound appreciation for him and all he'd been through.

He had ordered the seamstress to make a black gown that shone like the stars above.

And Leah adored it.

The way the candlelight shone off the silk of the gown reminded her of Rhys' captivating violet eyes and the darkness of the shadows and folds in the dress reminded her of his dark soft hair.

Soon enough she found herself face to face with the man she was thinking oh so fondly of.

"My lady, did you want something from me?" Rhys asked, his throat turning dry as he looked into the eyes of his beloved mate.

"Rhys I-" she looked up at his face, the way he skin reminded her of the pale moonlight and how his dark hair contrasted it perfectly. He was like a tragic and beautiful piece of art, standing there for her only. "Kiss me."

She knew it was too soon, but there was a driving force in her mind telling her that she might go mad if she didn't.

And so as the king wrapped his arm ever so slowly around her slim waist and pulled her closer until they stood there almost as close as they could be with clothing on. He leaned down and slowly rubbed his nose against hers before his lips met with hers.

Her eyes fluttered shut as did his and there was both a sense of satisfaction and a sense of longing for more of him in her soul.

As he pulled out of the kiss, he looked down at her, the adoration in his eyes was indescribable for a human girl such as herself.

He was reluctant to step back and when he did, they both felt the cold loneliness that cane with standing alone. Immediately Rhys began to miss the feeling of her body right with his.

As they both went to dinner, they knew it wouldn't be much longer until they went further, though there was no true explanation for the kiss earlier seeing as they had hardly spoken before then.