Traveling

"No, No, No! I am not going to stop with her!" The young teenager protests to her father as she stands before him with her arms crossed and a frown upon her face.

"Come on Em, it's just for two weeks, anyway your mum wants to see you!" Harry replies as he lifts his daughter's suitcase into the back of the car while they stand in the airport car park.

Emily huffs and dramatically gets herself into the car, "why should I go see 'her', she hates me, she didn't even want me. She wanted an abortion!" Emily says as she looks at her Dad who starts the car.

Harry just rolls his eyes at her and pulls away once in securely. "Your mum loves you, and you know that Emily. You do understand she wasn't well when she had you, you were so tiny and your mum lost a lot of blood."

His daughter sighs and looks down at her lap, "I know that... but..." she begins but Harry continues with what he was saying.

"...and you know the doctors didn't think you would make it, it really knocked your Mum around. She threw herself into work while you were in an incubator in the hospital. She loves you Em, it just took her a very long time to accept you into her life" Harry explains further to his 14-year-old daughter who is the carbon copy of her mother.

Harry continues to drive and focuses on the road while Emily glued herself back to her phone. "Dad?" Emily mumbles looking down at her phone.
"Yes?" He replies as he glances at her.

"Is mum serious with this new partner? Like I don't want to be passed around while she has a relationship crisis again" she replies.

Harry chuckles to himself, "I think so, you two are so alike, look at your track record, what even happened to Kyle?" Harry chuckles.

Emily has had a number of boyfriends many were frightened off by Harry being the protective father he is. "You happened Dad, anyway he was an arse" she replies laughing.
"Less of the language Emily!" Harry says raising an eyebrow.
"But Dad you say it all the time" She protests with a giggle.

Harry just chuckles and continues to drive Emily to her mother's house in London. Harry looks at Emily who has finally put down her phone and is looking out the window watching the world go by.

Around half an hour later Harry pulls up outside a house, Emily looks up and looks at the house. "She's moved in here? It's huge! ...She drives an Audi, Woah a 19 registration... urgh she's such a posh git!" Emily says rolling her eyes.

"Oi, you! Now Em, I haven't been that honest with you about your Mum, I know you have blocked her on Facebook so you won't see anything from her..." he begins.

Emily turns and looks at him, "Okay?" She says slowly bracing herself. "Wait, she does know I'm coming?" Emily begins and Harry nods.
"Look the man she's with now, I believe she's very serious. She works with him" he replies.

Emily removes her seat belt, "So she's working with her boyfriend, what does that mean to me? I'm not working with her!" Emily replies sarcastically.
"No Em, they're getting married, well not any time soon and, she's pregnant, not far gone but enough to tell everyone" Harry sighs watching his daughter's face drop.

"Oh great... no, I am not staying here, take me home! Now!" Emily protests she does her seatbelt up but Harry shakes his head and gets out the car and opens the boot-up and grabs her case out before shutting it and walking around to her door and opening it.

"Come on you," he smiles resting his hand against the roof of the car. Emily reluctantly climbs out the car and slips her phone into her jeans pocket before taking her case off her Dad.

They walk to the front door and Harry rings the doorbell, Emily stands with her arms crossed waiting for her Mum to answer the door. "She is in, well she said she would be," Harry says and decides to knock the door as well just in case the doorbell doesn't work.

Soon a figure comes to the door and thumbles around with keys before unlocking the door, Emily looks up as the door opens and huffs as her Mum opens the door. "Nikki, thank god I was thinking I wasn't going to have a child-free fortnight then" Harry smirks and watches Emily's face drop.

"Hello, you" Nikki smiles happily as she leans against the door frame and looks at her fourteen-year-old daughter who has suddenly aged a lot, and is starting to look more mature for her age.

"Hi," Emily replies awkwardly while looking down at the floor.

Nikki steps out the house and pulls her daughter into a tight hug, she kisses the top of her head and sighs as Emily doesn't react to Nikki.

She soon pulls away from the hug and looks at Harry with a smile, "come in" she smiles happily and lets Harry and their daughter in.