09 | ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫

Start from the beginning

"Shut up, Mari." He rolls his eyes.

I shook my head telling her it wasn't the time before handing him a towel with a ping look of worry. "You okay, Rock?" I ask, watching as he wipes away the saliva from around his mouth and nods "Yeah, I'm good, thanks."

It was quiet between us, as I examined him one last time before giving a nod. "Ima get you some water, okay?" He nods and I step away leaving Marisol to badger Rocky some more. I walked into the kitchen searching for something else to drink. A drink that wasn't spiked, preferably water.

My face scrunched to the airy, alcohol-like taste lingering along my tongue as I walked closer to the stench of hard-core liquor burning through my nose. It sent a quick bothersome ache to my head as I groaned and pinched my nose spotting the excessive amount of alcohol lined up along the counter. Immediately I was triggered.

I turn my attention to a bowl filled with red liquid inside. I stood there for a good minute staring at the fruit punch settled at the end of the counter, pondering if I should take a sip or not. Impulsively I took a cup and filled it. I held it to my lips for a minute before tilting its rim to my lips and tasted the bitter yet sweet punch around my mouth.

immediately, my upper body hovered over the sink. The burning sensation in the back of my throat sends me on a coughing spree. Turning on the faucet, my hand cupped some water, and I began to rinse out my mouth. I repeated the action a few times till I couldn't taste it anymore.

I really didn't understand it ━ Why did everything have to be spiked? It wasn't necessary. I don't understand the excitement, I don't understand how it could arouse some people. It was a drug, it was toxic, it is toxic.

In the process of saving my throat, I heard a deep light-hearted chuckle from behind. "Oof, is it that bad?" Their voice spoke with concern as they watched me stand up straight, turn the faucet off and twirl around to see who was behind me while I dab the water from off my chin.

I recognized the dazzling blue eyes, blonde hair and musky scent of teakwood as it had a tendency to linger in the air. A scent I favored the most.

My knuckles turned a lighter shade of brown as I grip the counter tightly to keep myself from falling to my knees. My lips part in awe, coffee orbs growing soft mesmerized by the azure eyes zeroing on my pretty face.

His head was titled to the side like a curious dog as he gave me a charming smile, moving himself to lean against the counter with his leg crossed over the other and hands buried deep inside his pockets He wore a silver cross necklace rested at the top of his chest, small silver hoops, his blond hair had gotten a fresh trim and was slightly gelled back with a few strands in his face.

He wore a silk sage button-up that came down to his waist, over a white wife beater tucked into his creamy colored straight leg pants and white crisp Nikes. On his left wrist was a silver chain link and a black beaded bracelet with a couple of silver rings on both hands.

My eyes wanted to widen in size, feeling internally exhilarated by the sight of him. The way he made me feel sheepish is heart-rending, that feeling for him started to develop more like a crush little by little each time.

The longer I stood here staring at him, the longer I felt myself grow butterflies and completely forget what he was referring to. "I'm sorry?"

"The drink? Is it bad? I was going to get some, but from the looks of it," He pauses to go and take a sniff and cringes, "it doesn't seem all that good."

"O-oh, yeah, not my kind of drink, ya know?" I stutter, turning around to feel the heat rise along my cheeks. I took a red solo cup and quickly ran some water in before handing it off to Rock.