Chapter 9: Fun Size

Much to his surprise Morty found himself standing in his own living room. He opened his mouth and closed a few times not knowing what to say. He looked over at his grandpa and noticed that Rick didn't look happy at all. Instead he looked even more tired than before.

"What...what...are we doing here?" Morty asked shakily, not quite able to believe that he was home. Maybe Rick was actually dropping him off because he could see how much toll it all had on Morty. But that would be too simple.

Morty looked around hoping to see his family but the house was completely silent. "It's 2AM. Don't bother." Rick said taking a sip out of his flask. "We're in one of the parallel realities. This...this is not your house...and not your family...not really."

"T-then why a-are we here?" Morty asked cursing himself for stuttering like that again. He couldn't help but feel disappointed that it was not his home even if the resemblance was so striking that Morty felt like he wouldn't really mind staying there.

"We need to take Morty from this dimension..." Rick said simply. "...and from few others."

For some reason that Morty wasn't able to identify he was not all that shocked. He just sighed tiredly hoping that it would all end soon. "You do your thing. What do I do?"

"Take this." Rick said passing over to Morty the most normal looking gun the boy had received from him so far. "This...this will make him unconscious. The little fucker would otherwise piss himself or something. We don't need that shit."

Morty looked down at the gun, happy that it supposedly wasn't life-threatening. "What about you?"

"I'll have a little chat with Rick." The man said taking another sip from his flask. He winced, probably noticing that it was empty. "Oh, and I'll probably steal some of his shit."

Morty nodded his head just wanting to get this over with. "I'll see you in five?"

"Yeah, whatever." Rick said walking towards his lab.

Morty took in a shaky breath looking around the room with the pictures of his loved ones all over the walls reminding him that as much as this place looked like his home it wasn't even his world. It belonged to a different Morty. A Morty with his own dreams and fears.

The boy walked upstairs towards his bedroom wondering why Rick needed his other versions for. He didn't want to waste time thinking about it though so he carefully pushed the door open and walked inside.

Everything looked just like Morty remembered it which sent chills down his spine. It was too real and he had trouble handling it. But he quickly reminded himself that as far as he was concerned it was all just a necessary measure to bring them safely to their own home and family, so he gathered all of his courage and looked at the boy hidden underneath the duvet.

Morty slowly approached the bed knowing that he could try to wake him and explain the importance of this but knowing himself that probably wouldn't end very well. Seeing his own face turned towards him was trippy as hell but Morty managed to gain control over the sudden need to check if maybe this was just a dream. Calmly he pulled away the duvet and pressed the barrel against Morty's warm skin. After a brief moment of hesitation he pulled the trigger.

The boy didn't even flinch so Morty pulled him from the bed and dragged downstairs, for once happy that he was that skinny. Rick was already waiting for him, sitting on the sofa and drinking from his flask, alcohol supposedly stolen from his doppelganger.

Seeing his grandson Rick stood from the sofa and walked over to Morty's unconscious body. He leaned forward examining him with eyes half-closed. "W-well...the little fucker is in for...for the time of his life since the...the Rick from here is well...not a very adventurous individual."