Chapter 7: Lifeless Dots

Morty's eyes went wide as he sat up straight looking around suspiciously. He sighed in relief noticing that no one was hiding in the shadows in hopes of causing yet another catastrophe. After a few seconds of mild confusion all the emotions and events from previous day came flooding back into his mind. His head was hurting slightly, but that was probably due to all the crying he had done before falling asleep right there, in his grandpa's arms.

He wasn't in the living room though. He was in one of the bedrooms upstairs that he had seen during his search for the bathroom. Rick must have carried him there.

Just as Morty was about to get back to sleep he heard a loud thud coming from downstairs and Rick's voice. "Get your fucking ass in here and help me, would you?!" This must have woken him up.

Morty quickly jumped out of bed not feeling sleepy at all anymore.

"N-no. This can't be happening again." Morty whispered to himself feeling a cold shiver run down his spine. He wanted to hide under the bed and ignore all the dangers for as long as he could hoping against all odds that it was not yet another life-threatening situation.

But Morty knew that he wasn't all that weak after all. He had strength and he could use it for good. Even though he was scared and he felt weak Morty understood now that these feelings were nothing more than a wall made of delusions meant to stop him from achieving what he truly was capable of.

Morty looked under his bed and surely the gun was hidden there. He grabbed it and held firmly in his hands even though he was barely able to carry it. Putting a mental wall around all the weaknesses he had buried deep inside his mind, Morty stormed out of the bedroom and quickly ran down the stairs searching for the enemy.

What he found though was not something he was ready for. Morty stopped at the kitchen's entrance and stared open-mouthed at the scene playing out in front of his eyes.

Rick was once again fighting his clones but this time he was also surrounded by bright blue, supposedly blood-hungry creatures, probably the native habitants of the planet. They all looked angry as they circled all the Ricks with desperation in their eyes.

Morty quickly pulled himself together and aimed the gun at one of the Ricks, not really sure which one of them was his grandpa. This time they were all wearing the same clothes, most likely to make Morty confused. The boy's hands started shaking again as he didn't know what to do and he needed guidance.

"What do I do?" Morty asked shakily cursing himself for letting his recently gained courage and confidence flee so easily. "Help me here, Rick."

One of the Ricks pushed another one off his body and looked at Morty with eyes wide open, full of fear. This couldn't be the real him. "You need to take them all out!"

"Shut the fuck up." Another one said with a look of indifference on his face as he aimed two guns held in both of his hands at two of his opponents who didn't really seem to care that they were held at gunpoint. "Morty...you...you need to help me out here, buddy. Come over here."

"How do I know which one of you is the real Rick?" Morty said pointing his gun at each of them for a few seconds. There was a total five of them and about nine blue aliens that his mind was too overwhelmed to deal with right then.

"We're all fucking real...ugh...but it doesn't really matter right now." The one with the guns said observing carefully the rest of his selves. "I've tricked them and now they don't know which one is me."

Morty didn't know how exactly saying this out loud was helpful in any way, but he was positive that Rick had some kind of plan. But Morty still wasn't sure if this was really his grandpa or if it was some kind of trick, so he kept aiming at each one of them and wondering how the hell he was going to figure it out.