06

I work at an ice cream shop. My boss told me to work today, otherwise I would lose this job. Since I really need the money, I couldn't say no.
'Hi. Could I get some mango ice cream, please?' a teenage girl asks. She blinks a lot, like her lashes that are dripping from the mascara are too heavy.
'Yeah,' is the only thing I say. I am really annoyed by the fact I have to work today. As I scoop some mango ice cream into a cone, a take a quick look at my wrist. More than half an hour to go. I focus on the ice cream again. 'Do you only want mango or do you also want another flavor?' I really try my best to sound nice.
'Only mango,' she says.
Who likes mango, anyways, I think.
'There you go.' I hand her her ice cream and she pays.
'Thank you.' She smiles shyly. 'Is it today?'
Great, a teenage girl wants to give me some advice. I only show her my wrist.
'Thirty-two minutes to go,' she says with an excited voice. 'Don't be nervous, you don't have to be.' She takes a bite of her ice cream, which horrifies me. I can almost feel the cold in my teeth. 'Have fun,' she says while walking out of the store. Without looking, she waves at me, which makes her sleeve fall down a little. I feel relieved; she knew what she was talking about.