Chapter 2 ~ Embarrassed

Previously....
Spinel saw my underwear.
—————————————————————————————————————————————
I turned to see Spinel deeply blushing. The awkward tension seemed thick.

"You've got cute underwear." Spinel mumbled, before storming out and yelling swear words.

The next day, around the lockers.

For a few days we have free periods, just to explore and meet others before this semester starts. I was memorizing my locker code when I was suddenly cornered by a familiar face.

"Hey shortie." Spinel called, then punched me in the shoulder not-too-hard.
"Ah-what the hell..?" I asked, rubbing my shoulder.
"Have you made any new-...other friends?" Spinel asked, I noticed her tone was a bit off.
"Well..no..not really.." I quietly muttered.
"hUHHHH? Can't hear ya." Spinel taunted. "Speak a bit louder, won't you?~"
"Um..I.." I began stammering. Her face was so close to mine I could practically kiss her.
"Spinel, don't pick on Y/N." Pink said, sighing.
"Fine.." Spinel groaned, sprinting over to Pink.

The two of them walked off, Pink scolding Spinel on the way. I fumbled with my locker for a bit and then left, looking at the walls. Most of the students left to go eat lunch, whilst I'm spending my time alone. Spinel has a point, I need more friends than just her...! Actually, she's not even a friend. More like a rival.

I was stopped abruptly by three girls, one seemed like a senior, her hair was short and square-ish. She was tall and wore golden sunglasses, she seemed like a bit of a show off. The other one was skinny, with short blonde hair and blue eyes that were ice colored, she seemed like a junior. The third one was short, she had long, dyed, lilac hair, and her pupils were almost invisible. She was probably a sophomore.

"Hey there, newbie. Wanna hang with us?" The purple one asked.
"Amethyst, she looks as if she's looking for someone. I bet she's already made some friends." The blonde one said, nudging the purple one's shoulder.
"Lighten up, P, you're always squawking at me like a bird! Chirp, chirp!" The lilac one mocked.
"Ugh! You're just so...immature all the time! Stop being a kid! Hey-stop that!" The blonde one replied.
"Quiet, both of you." The taller one turned to me. "I'm sorry, what's your name?"
"Y/N, and yours?" I replied.
"Garnet. This is Amethyst and Pearl." She gestured to the two girls yelling at each other.

"So..I've heard recently that Spinel has found a new toy, Y/N." Amethyst purred.
"Ehehehe..what do you mean?" I awkwardly asked, twiddling my thumbs.
"Amethyst.." Pearl said in a warning tone.
"I-" Amethyst was interrupted.

I felt a hard punch on my shoulder.
"Ow." I said, sighing. It was her, wasn't it?

"Shortie, I'm all out of lunch money." Spinel said, tauntingly. She grabbed my fries, and before I could reach for them, she had already left. I silently began swearing at her when I heard the lunch bell. I started making my way towards the doors.

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl waved goodbye as we parted ways. I was scrolling on Instagram when suddenly I bump into Spinel, causing her to fall and scrape her knee. I watched as blood slid down to her socks. Oh crap, I'm screwed.

Pink helps Spinel up as I instinctively apologize. Spinel glares at me with her black as midnight pupils, making me feel fear rush through my veins.

I begin backing away, as Spinel lunges and quickly punches me in the stomach. Pain. I've never felt this sense ever since my parents......sigh. Before I start running, I get a quick glance of Spinel's expression, which seemed almost a bit......remorseful for a split second. Though I didn't have time to sit and stare at her. My adrenaline is going off. I'm suddenly in the halls of the fourth floor, where all the seniors were. I began rushing towards the rooftop, not exactly sure where I'm going. I duck behind the walls of the entrance to the rooftop as I hear Spinel start yelling.

"SHORTIE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Spinel yelled. I covered my mouth, trying not to make my panicked breathing too loud. Spinel's footsteps sound as if she's making her way to the door, and I sigh in relief loudly.

Oops.

I start running, but—I trip to the side. I look down and see the parking lot, where fear runs through me faster than Spinel's menacing glare.

Oh...is this where I die..? I mean..my life wasn't that valuable....I'm just a stupid, lonely, rich girl with no family. Maybe this is how it's meant to be. It's not like anyone would miss me, my servants would prefer not raising a spoiled brat like me. I'm sorry, I believe I'm a bit of a mistake here. Well, I guess this is goodbye....

I suddenly wake up to the worried look of Spinel, staring eye to eye with me.

"Stupid shortie." She mumbled, and lightly flicked my forehead.
"Wait...did I not die?" I asked.
"No, you moron. You passed out randomly on the ground of the rooftop, and I had to carry you here." She said in a bittersweet tone, rolling her eyes.
I begin to cry, and laugh at the same time. I cover my head with the blanket.
"H-hey! Stupid shortie! What's wrong? Why are you sad..?" Spinel asked, a bit surprised and worried.
"Nothing...I...hah, it's stupid! I am stupid, aren't I?" I replied, tears falling down as I was under the blanket.

I cover my face with my hands as I feel Spinel yank the blanket off my head and pull me in a tight embrace. I felt fuzzy and warm inside.

What is this feeling..?

Is it love?

Because..I think I like it...

A lot.

Thank you, Spinel.

——-———————————————— End of Chapter 2 —————————————————