Chapter 18: Cliche 'Bad Boy'

Start from the beginning

"That smells like heaven." I went to stick my finger in the pot but she whacked my hand away.

"Uh-uh, you've been training, you need a bath before you come anywhere near my pot." She grinned but took a spoon and scooped up some marinara sauce for me anyways.

"You're an angel you know that?" I asked her as I tasted the savory goodness. "I'd marry you if Sam hadn't already."

What? When I'm hungry I compliment Daisy and suddenly there's a feast before me. The girl really was an angel and her food was the best.

"You better had not meant that or I will fill your room with grasshoppers," Sam said as he entered the kitchen and went straight for the pot. But this time Daisy smacked his arm away and didn't give him a separate spoon.

"Bring your bugs anywhere near me and there's a special place in the Crypt that has your name written all over it." I grinned before waving my spoon in front of his face and he pouted at Daisy.

"Sunshine, how'd you give her and not me?" Sam could be such a kid sometimes.

Daisy giggled but planted a kiss on Sam's lips before turning the stove off, "Maybe because Ev's my Alpha and you need to clean up before you get any dinner."

"But she threatened to put me in the Crypt." His frown deepened.

Daisy grinned, "I don't disagree with her, you killed my new plant with your caterpillar."

I watched the lovers argue as they exited the kitchen and I went to the sink to wash my hands before digging into the unattended pots and pans. Every dinner in the packhouse was equivalent to a Thanksgiving dinner.

But just as I was rubbing the liquid hand soap off my hands, juniper berried and fresh sage took over my senses.

I felt his warm arms wrap around my waist and I have gotten desensitized to his open affection. It was endearing how touchy we've both become.

Callum's body aligned with the back of my own as arms tightened on my waist and his lips went to the sensitive spot on my neck.

"Cal..." I let out a sound between a moan and a sigh as his left open-mouthed kisses along the column of my neck and my collarbone.

I was quickly turning to goo in his arms and wondered where all my self-control walked off to.

"I've been thinking." He whispered into my ear.

"Oh-oh, that's not a good thing." I smiled.

"Haha." I could practically feel him rolling his eyes behind me before he nipped my earlobe. "Anyways, we're in this for the long haul right?"

I leaned my body completely against his to show him that we were, "I'd like to think so or else the Moon Goddes might be angry."

"Well, I think that if we're going to do this then we have to do this right." He announced and I finally spun around in his arms to face him.

Cal kept his arms secured around me as I looked at his curiously, "I'm not getting what you're selling."

"I'm not a prostitute Princess, we've been over this." He faked hurt but his eyes were laced with humor.

"Callum, focus." I flicked his forehead.

He grumbled under his breath about me always hurting him before he cleared his throat, "I mean, I want to take you out."

"Like a date?" I smirked as I liked where this was heading.

"Yes, a date. As in me taking you out. Just the two of us. Some food, maybe some kisses."