Chapter Nineteen - Red, Red Wine. (Revised).

Both Liam and I grab the ingredients of our desire before we both surround the table.

He carries making his sandwich while I stack mine up before placing it into the grill. Afterwards, Liam plugs in the plug if the grill, closing the top. All we have to do now is wait...

I look at the grill before I drift off into my thoughts. Thoughts about James. I just hope he will be okay...

Suddenly Liam's voice shakes me back to reality.

"How's LA for you so far?".

I turn around, facing him, looking at him as he leans against his stove, arms crossed, looking at me. A small, sheepy smile grows on my lips.

"So far... crazy to say the least.".

He chuckles at my words.

"That is LA for you..." he replies.

I let out a gentle sigh as my smile grows a tiny bit.

"I know that LA is famous for its 'Hollywood over the top drama' movies, I just didn't know that shit could happen in real life. You know what I mean?"

I see him nod back.

"As I say a couple of minutes ago... that is LA for you.".

"Yup..." I agree with him. "Correction, a bit too much LA for me.". He chuckles at my once again before diverting his eyes elsewhere.

I look at him for a couple more seconds before returning my eyes to the grill. Once again, I delve back into my thoughts. I miss my home, I can't wait to fly back and reunite with my home country, Serbia. I cant wait to see Andrea again. The only thing that will suck is the ten-hour flight.

Once again, Liam's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"I hope you won't mind my asking. How did you and James meet?".

How did James and I meet? A smile instantly grows on my face when I remember back to that day, over a year ago.

"We met at the check-in counter... I know, sounds so ridiculous, but that's where we met.". I hear him chuckle along.

But wait... didn't James tell him how we met? I would tell Andrea EVERYTHING! I mean, I already did.

"I just find that so... fascinating and interesting how you found each other at an airport. For the longest time, I wanted to find my love at an airport-" the 'tick' of the grill interrupted us, telling us that the sandwiches are ready.

Liam walks up to the grill, before pushing to top up, exposing the cooked sandwiches. Within seconds, I could smell the melted cheese and hear the sizzling.

I watch carefully as Liam lifts the sandwiches from the grill and onto the two plates. He hands over the fist plate to me and keeps the second plate for himself.

We both walk over and sit down at the dining table before taking the first bite from our sandwiches.

Seconds after I begin chewing, I can't help but let out a gentle moan, closing my eyes, savouring the taste. I am not able to comprehend how delicious the sandwich is. When I open my eyes just to see Liam giving me a weird look, causing me to giggle. I can see him trying not to laugh, but the rising of the sides of his lips are telling me that he is losing the fight.

Next, he clears his throat before opening his mouth.

"Drink?".

I nod. "Sure...".

I quickly look away when I see his eyes land on mine.

"I hope you don't mind, but I live in luxury..." he purposely takes a quick pause, to gain my attention, which he did.

"Okay?..." I reply, confused. What is he trying to say?

"Red wine?" he queries.

Wine... rich... money... luxury... right, makes sense.

I shrug my shoulders before shaking my head. No.

"You sure?...".

I nod.

"Okay, suit yourself...".

I look at him stands up, he walks over to one of his cupboards, when he opens the door of the cupboard it reveals glasses upon glasses of wineglasses. I am amazed by how much glasses he has, specifically for wine.

"Changed your mind?".

It takes me a moment to answer him.

"Ermm..." I begin. I see him turn to me, observing me.

"I'll take that as a yes...". A smile grows on his face, causing me to smile too.

I keep my eyes on him, watching his grab a bottle of red wine. He brings the bottle with the two glasses onto the table, he firstly hands me a glass...

"Thank you..." I look up into his eyes. I see him look down at me with a big smile patched on his lips.

"You are welcome..." he replies after a moment of brief silence.

Once he lowers his glass to the table, he proceeds on popping the cork off the top of the bottle.

"Ladies first..." he mumbles, but loud enough for me to hear him. He tilts the bottle forwards, causing the crimson liquid pour out of the dark green bottle and into the glass. The liquid grows darker and darker as it fills the glass.

He stopped pouring the wine when the level of the liquid reached just over a quarter way. He proceeds on doing the same with his. Moments pass before he returns the cork, blocking the opening of the wine bottle before returning the bottle itself back in its place.

"I hope you'll like it..." I hear his voice behind me, moments pass before I see him walk around me and back into his place.

I nod. "I hope so too...".

"Anyways... here in LA, we have a traditional thing where we... you know, cheer our glasses, cling our glasses off each other or whatever you call it...". The teasing is back...

In LA? Only in LA?

"I have heard that being the tradition in many other places too..." I reply, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Okay... Anyways, cheers...".

I see him take his glass into his hand and I do the same. We both lift our glasses in basically the same time.

"Cheers to James getting better..." I say, driving my glass forward. My smile drops slightly when I see the slight dismay on Liam's face as if he is... hesitating, once again?

A smile enrols on his lips before replying, "To James' health.".

Clank.

Out glasses hit gently off each other before we take our very first drink.

Once I lower my glass onto the table, I find Liam's deep gaze upon me.

"Yes?" I ask him. I can tell by his look that there is something that he would like to say to me.

"Do you like the wine?".

"It is nice... One of the better wines I have tired...".

I see his smile grow in victory.

"I am glad you like it... My great-grandfather made it.".

I look at him in awe.

"You are not joking, right?".

"Now why would I be joking about that?".

I shrug, causing him to snicker.

"But tell me more about you, I want to get to know my brothers' girlfriend that bit better...".