20th Sword | The Dreamer Awakens

The Infinity Train

The rhythmic stomping of the train wheels outside brought an air of tranquility to the Infinity Train, a single boy taking a seat upon a chair, a yawn leaving his lips.

"So, nice weather we're having." (Y/N) leaned back against his chair nonchalantly, his haori calmly swaying in the slight breeze.

...

"What? Why the cold shoulder?" (Y/N) frowned childishly as he stared at his companion across from him.

A young couple was currently resting against each other, their eyes closed due to Enmu's spell.

"Pft, fine. Be like that then." (Y/N) pouted, casually sticking his head out the side of the chair.

"Cuz trust me, I've got time to wait." (Y/N) smirked haughtily, the scene around him one of pure hell. Sleeping humans and nasty flesh surrounded the train car on all sides, though strangely, all the flesh dissipated before it could ever touch the humans...

Suddenly, a tentacle of flesh sprouted up two train cars away, (Y/N) sighing as he turned towards his companions, a bored look on his face.

"Welp, duty calls. By the way, you're drooling. Might wanna stop that for a bit, lest you get it on the lady." (Y/N) pointed out, jabbing his finger at the two as they snored soundly.

Sighing at being ignored, (Y/N) merely grasped his swords as he stood up.

"Couples." (Y/N) shrugged at the lovebirds.

"Now, then..." (Y/N) turned to look at the distant train car, his lips curving upwards into a smirk.

"Let's play." (Y/N) suddenly disappeared, taking a single step as a black flash instantly zoomed across the train cars, appearing just above the tentacle as (Y/N)'s jet black katana pulsed with a strange power.

"Shadow Breathing - First Form: Crescent Moon Slash!"

Without so much as a trace, the jet black katana left a midnight arc as it slashed effortlessly through the tentacle of flesh, (Y/N) merely grinning as his icy blue katana shimmered with ashes, several other tentacles spiking up around him from all directions - stabbing at him with intent to kill.

"Dance of Ashes - First Step: Scorching Halo!"

A beautiful mirage of flames instantly severed all the tentacles around him, (Y/N) landing on the ground as ash fell around him, disappearing the moment his feet touched the ground.

Without hesitation, his blades turned into blurs as (Y/N) unleashed a storm of slashes around himself, cutting various fleshy tentacles into ribbons on his way, though suddenly, a tentacle spiked up from the ground, (Y/N) backflipping away from the area. However, the disgusting appendage followed after him, a disgruntling noise emitting from the strange appendage as (Y/N) let go of the jet black katana, letting it stab into the train car as he jumped back.

The tentacle-like flesh approached with a fervor, though (Y/N) merely smiled as he landed on his feet, the appendage shooting over the jet black katana.

Slash!

With a mere wave of his hand, suddenly, the jet black katana seemed to come alive, slashing through the appendage as (Y/N) merely stepped out of the way, casually swinging his icy blue Nichirin blade and cutting the loose appendage into ribbons.