8th Sword | Calm Into the Storm

After having departed from the Drum Demon's household, (Y/N), Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke were led to a house with a Wisterian Crest printed on the door.

"Uhm..." (Y/N) hummed as he saw the house, turning to Kasu, confusion on his face.

"This is the next mission-?" (Y/N) said, confused. However, Tanjiro's Kasugaigarasu came in with an explanation.

"TANJIRO, ZENITSU, INOSUKE! YOU THREE WILL REST UP! (Y/N), YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER MISSION." Tanjiro's Kasugaigarasu screeched out, causing (Y/N) to wince.

"Ehhh?! Rest?! But haven't we been taking down demons with injuries?! And why only (Y/N)?" Tanjiro rambled, though his crow looked at him like he was stupid.

"Sigh...Lord Tanjiro, you're all injured apart from Lord (Y/N), so he has been given another mission whereas the three of you have been given time to rest and heal your injuries. Speaking of, let's get a move on (Y/N), we need not waste time." Kasu explained, the crow perching itself on top of (Y/N)'s head.

"Well, you heard the man...crow...thing? I've got places to be- so I'll be on my way. Take care of Nezuko, Tanjiro! And I better see you both in tip-top shape the next time we meet!" (Y/N) waved as he walked away, seeing Tanjiro and Zenitsu waving back while Inosuke seemed confused, an old lady coming out of the house and letting the three enter.

With that - the group had parted ways temporarily.

"Fuu...it's kinda lonely now that those guys aren't here." (Y/N) smiled helplessly, talking to Kasu who perched himself on his head.

"They're quite the rambunctious group, but...they aren't intolerable." Kasu said, causing (Y/N) to smirk as he looked up at his crow.

"You don't have to be shy~! Just admit you like when they're around. No one can really blame you, it's always interesting when they're there." (Y/N) teased, pointing out the distinct nature of events with the group.

"I will not." Kasu huffed as he turned his head away, causing (Y/N) to laugh.

"Well, where's the next mission? I just took off in this direction...I have no idea where I'm going." (Y/N) sweatdropped, pointing it out to Kasu.

"You're hopeless...but, this is the right direction." Kasu facepalmed...wingpalmed? I don't know.

"Alright, is it a confirmed demon or rumors of one?" (Y/N) asked as the two walked, hearing Kasu hum.

"It's rumors. The place we're visiting is an abandoned district, rumors are that a group of demons have been laying there and using the place as cover. They hunt the nearby towns in the night and devour any curious passerby's during the day." Kasu explained, causing (Y/N) to sigh.

"Kasu...can humans and demons ever coexist?" (Y/N) suddenly sprang, causing Kasu to recoil slightly, not expecting the question.

"It's...almost impossible. The job of the Demon Slayer Corps is to hunt down demons and kill them...so, that makes it exceedingly hard to get along with what you're supposed to kill. Most demons are violent by nature- so they'll spring at you first chance they get. Most demons can't even be reasoned with, and it's usually a battle for survival." Kasu got out, making (Y/N) sigh heavily.

"Sure enough...accomplishing Lucile's dream is going to be just as hard as I expected it to be..." (Y/N) thought, a small smile forming on his face. "-but, that's exactly what I expected."

Lucile's dream wouldn't be easy to accomplish in the least due to the instinctual divide between humanity and demon-kind, but (Y/N) was sure it wasn't impossible.

Regardless, his entire journey was for the point of turning Nezuko back into a human.

Thinking of this, a new thought suddenly sprung into (Y/N)'s mind, making him hesitate.