Prologue

There was a loud shrill of a scream.... Hasina's scream.... Both Fearful and painful

My eyes never left hers... My expression blank... the gun still in my hand...

The room door burst open and in came my kids looking terrified..

"Mummy? Daddy?? What happened??" Asked a panicked 8-year-old Muhammed Dhiraar

"Daddy why do you have a gun in your hand?" Asked 6-year-old Durrah clinging onto her mother.

My gaze landed on both of my kids...so small an innocent unaware that their lives will never be the same again....

My head lowered and I dropped the gun...

Deep breaths....Breathe... I repeated in my mind...

I couldn't kill myself.... my kids needed me as their father and as much as I wanted to put a bullet through their mother's head right now.... I wouldn't be able to do it in front of their eyes... No matter what she was their mother at the end of the day...

I ran a hand through my hair... what was I supposed to do?? How was I supposed to react to Hasina's confession??

The atmosphere was tense with all eyes on me....

"Get out!!" I growled at Hasina

"M-"

She has a nerve to argue with me.

"You heard me" I said cutting her off "Get. Out!"

"Daddy what are you doing?? Why are you chasing Mummy out??" Dhiraar asked coming closer to me.

I bent own to his level and ruffled his hair "Don't worry it nothing..." I said smiling to reassure him "Now take your sister and go to sleep... you'll got school tomorrow neh"

He nodded and took Durrah's hand, eyeing Hasina an I suspiciously before walking out.

"You." I said pointing to hasina as I took a step towards her "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE. I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE!!!"

She scurried away shoved a few things into her handbag took MY car and left. I didn't stop her though, all I wanted was for her to get out at that moment.

I threw myself backwards onto my bed and buried my face in my hands.... and that's when realization hit me... and it hit me hard...

I couldn't hold my emotions in and that's when my dam burst and I let the tears flow freely... I never cried..... At least since I got married... But here I was balling my eyes out because of her.... Never in my wildest dreams I would have thought Hasina would do something like this.... and I never thought it would hurt as much as this.....

My head pounded as her words repeated in my head....

"I don't love you anymore..... I've found someone else that I truly love."