Chapter 38 - Reminiscence

What an.... Eventful day it is for me.... And I guess it doesn't stop there, I have much bigger problems at hand....

I'm currently in the living room with the Aoba family. (Status Report: Not looking good).

"I believe you two know each other?" Mr. Aoba said.

Well... He isn't wrong about that but.....

Mrs. Aoba got out of the kitchen and brought us some snacks and drinks. That's so nice of her~

But that does mean the entire Aoba family is here now. Now this is just too much pressure.

"Cookies...." Moca exclaimed and grabbed one to nibble on.

Just looking at her acting so natural at this state just lightens my heart. I've got nothing to fear now, they have the rights to know what our relationship is....

Here goes nothing...

"Sorry if I haven't introduced myself properly, I'm (Y/N) and I'm your daughter's boyfriend" I stood up and said.

My body feeling and looking stiff, but I managed to deliver those words properly without stuttering.

Mr. Aoba has an astonished look in his as I said this.

What is he thinking.....?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"So you're the (Y/N) that Mama and Moca we're telling me about" Mr. Aoba said with a relieved smile.

...........Eh?

WHAT?!

THEY WERE TELLING HIM ALL ABOUT ME?!?!

"Yes dear, Anon is such a nice boy, he would constantly visit and bring over snacks for Moca" Mrs. Aoba said.

I'm glad she's on my side!!!

"I've heared many good things about you. I'm glad that you're able to handle Moca" Mr. Aoba said.

"What's that supposed to mean Papa???" Moca asked as she was nibbling away.

"Moca here is a pretty laid back girl, she's mostly seen slacking off and would probably ignore you most of the time." Mr. Aoba said.

Now that you've mentioned it.... Moca does seem to be that type of girl....however.....

"However, when Moca get's interested in one thing, she'll totally focus on it" Mr. Aoba added.

It's true.

"I totally agree sir, the moment I first saw her, I had thought that her and I would most likely not get along" I said.

Moca then tugged on my shirt.

"But seeing her on stage, performing for everyone, that was a very unexpected side of Moca that I had fallen in love with.

The way her aura drives people, and that she's a total cutie when you're alone with her is such a gift from the heavens above." I said.

.........
Everyone got speechless for a bit.

Moca giggled.

"I've only ever got interested in music because I love it. I love how it changed me and how it shaped me into the Moca today. But Anon... He makes me feel that it's okay to be Moca every once in a while, and that he would support me no matter what" Moca said.

Moca.... I didn't know you felt that way about meeee ;^;

Ahhh... This is bliss.....

"Well I can see that he's influenced you greatly, and I'm proud to say that you both have my full support" Mr. Aoba said.

"Thank you very much! I promise to take care of your daughter!" I exclaimed excitedly.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A few moments later, Moca and her father went out to her room. Mr. Aoba wanted to have a talk with Moca for all this. Me and Mrs. Aoba was left in the living room.

"Aren't you glad, Anon?" Mrs. Aoba asked.

"Of course I am! This is just...wonderful!!!" I said.

"Kiyoko-san must be so proud of you" Mrs. Aoba said.

.....Kiyoko.....!!!!

"Wait you're....." I exclaimed.

"Your mother, must be so proud and happy" She added.

How....

"How do you know about my mother...??" I asked her.

She poured me a glass of juice and gave it to me.

I slowly drank it.

"Your mother and I.... we're old acquaintances" She said.

"We were classmates back in highschool.... Your father, your mother, my husband and I.

We were all close friends. Until we all went separate ways...." She added.

I didn't know about all of this....

"It's funny because you and Moca have met before~ Back when you we're both little kids, me and Moca visited you and your mom at the hospital. You were beside your mother the whole time, looking so down and gloomy." She said.

Hold on.... I think I remember....

At that time....

A girl.....

"Moca gave you a little something, but I didn't quite catch what it was. But it seems like it helped you out" She added.

That's right.....

*Flashback*

"Hey, why are you sad?" A girl asked me.

I couldn't reply.

"Here, take this!" The girl said.

She handed me her bracelet, it has a symbol on it, a musical note.

"... what's this for...?" I asked.

"I don't know!" She said.

"....ehhh" I exclaimed.

"But I can tell you need that! And that if you ever feel down, you look at it! It's magical I tell you! It'll make you feel better!!!!" She said....

And the whole room brightened ip to me at that time.

*Flash back over*

"I.... Remember now...." I said.

Mrs. Aoba smiled.

"But...why were you and Moca there? No one else knew about my mother being hospitalized..." I asked.

"Your father gave me money and asked me to be the one that would pay the hospital bills. He was secretly helping out, even though we knew he was having such a hard time..." Mrs. Aoba said.

I.....

"After hearing this, I had to see Kiyoko...." Mrs. Aoba said.

Tears started fallin down from my eyes.... I can't control them.... I....

"I'm sorry... I just" I said.

Mrs. Aoba then quickly gave me a hug.

"You've fought well, Anon-kun. It's okay to cry~" Mrs. Aoba said.

And so.... I embraced her and took her offer.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

All this time.... My feeling of anger.... Was false. I wish... I could......

"If you ever feel sad, just look at it!"

- To be continued -