Chapter 1 - The Lousy Freshman

I can hear the sound of my annoying alarm clock ever so eager to wake me up. It's a new day, a new day for me, a new day alone. I pulled my blanket up and covered my head and irritably replied "Just five more minutes...." I tried to go back to sleep. But a thought came to me, "Oh yeah...." No will be here to wake me up when I'm fifteen minutes late for school, i should be independent. I turned off my alarm clock, made my bed and started getting ready for school.

As soon as I finished, I rushed out and said "I'll be off!" and giggled as I closed the door behind me and left. I started walking an unfamiliar route, it's my first year of high school and I should learn how to get from my house to the school alone. As I was walking, I saw some students with the same uniform as me, they must go to Ichinose High as well. "It seems like they know the way... Just this once then, it is my first day" I said to myself and began going along the path of the other students.

Halfway through, i passed by a school. I was in front of a school gate, I stopped to look at it for a while. It was a rather big school, seems like it's bigger than the one I'm going. I looked over to the right and saw a sign. "Ha...ne...o...ka....is that correct?" I read it carefully. It appears to be an all-girls high school. I had realized that i look weird standing here and staring at the school with all of these girls around. I continued walking to school. But then i bumped into someone. "Ahhh, sorry. I didn't see you there" I exclaimed and said my apologies. It appears to be a girl. She wears the same uniform as the girls from Haneoka, it seems like she goes to this school. She looked at me with a stern look. "Ohh? Sorry. I wasn't looking where i was going." She said in response to my apology with a monotone voice.

Her short ivory blonde hair that is slightly longer at the front than at the back. Her messy bangs are separated into sections. She has big, sleepy-looking, blue-grey eyes. She's cute, I can certainly say that! "What is it?" She asks with a slow and monotone voice. Realizing that I had been staring at her, I apologized and left. She was rather weird though.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Ohhh".......
A student calls for her from afar, "Moca, you coming?" said her classmate which seems to be her friend. She averted her look to her classmate and walked over to her. "Yes~" said this short haired girl to her other short haired classmate.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"That's at first." I told to myself. It isn't everyday that I get to bump into new people. As a kid with a single mother, I didn't really go outside to play with other kids. I'd rather stay inside the house to help my mother out, so meeting new people is a pretty rare opportunity for me. But I guess that's all gonna change today, new school, new classmates and, new opportunities.

Shortly after, I arrived at school. It seems like there's not much student's here yet. I look around at the place, it seems pretty nice. It's spacious, there's a bit of greenery. I thought it was really great but I think this is common for most high schools. I searched for a place to sit. There were benches beside trees so it didn't take me long to find one. I sat down on a bench under a pretty big tree. It had a shade so it was a really nice spot to sit on. Even though it wasn't that hot, it was still cool being under that big tree. I began to yawn. "I can't be sleepy now..." I told myself as I wipe some tears off of my eyes. It's the first day, the ceremony, I can't be late for it. I can't avoid either. "I guess I'll walk this off..." I decided to stand up and walk around just to get this sleepy cloud out of my atmosphere.

I took a look inside of the school building. The halls were neat, lockers were neat, students were neat. All i can see were neat people and neat things. "Do i even belong here??" I jokingly said. I went over to the bulletin board to see what's posted there. "Ahhh..." Of course it would be filled with club posters and recruitments, there are new students. One thing caught my eye. "First Aiders Club" I look closer to see more details. "Become a first aider! Help anyone in danger.... So it says". It seems like they're looking for members. After a little while I decided to give it some thought. I heard the bell, I think it's time I go and look for my classroom.

"Class 1 - B ehh...." I was looking for the first year classrooms. When I found it, I took a look inside. No one was there. SCORE! I then went it and find my seat. I was seated near the middle, of course i would be, I'm not some kind of protagonist from an anime who's seat is right next to window. I placed by bag beside my desk and decided to go outside to wait for the opening ceremony. After the opening ceremony, we went back to class and started on a few things. Oh you know, introducing ourselves, meeting the teacher and all that stuff. I'm not really a fan of introduction but mine was a bit off, nevermind the details. We were dismissed pretty early since it was only the first day. I was happy that i could finally go home to my own home and just sleep. "Yo!" Some student said to me. I was confused, do I know him? "Do i know you?" I ask. The student laughed and said "probably not!" He then  introduces himself, " Makoto Kitamura, you can call me Makoto!" He said with a rather cheerful voice. "(Y/N), nice to meet you" I answered back. He wanted to be my friend apparently. I was surprised, I'm a freak, a lonely freak. I was ecstatic at that time. He takes out something from his bag and hands it over to me. "Here, take this." He handed over a ticket to me, and he seems like he has one for him as well. I was confused as to why he gave me this and what is this in general? "There's gonna a performance later at Live house CiRCLE! Want to come with me?" said Makoto. I've never been to a live house before. Never listened to bands before, but okay then. I accepted his offer and we are going to meet up later this evening, for now i shall go home and rest.

Time passed, and it was near our meet up time. He isn't that late though, he was about 5 minutes long. I've never been into these kind of things, it's glad that a friend of mine invited me to go see one. We go inside the live house and entered the Live area. This is not that bad so far, i kinda wanna see this till the end. But as time pass us by.... Many more people started coming. It slowly became tight. Just before the live start i ask my friend, "Hey, why'd you bring me here in the first place?" I asked him. " You could use some music, trust me on this one." He replied in a happy tone. I guess there's no need to worry eh~

Moments after, the first band comes up on stage. As they were setting up their instruments.... I noticed something...

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Huh?"

.
.
.
.
.
.

- To be continued -