Cold War Part 1

With Cold War ongoing bewteen US and USSR, both superpowers wanted Aurelia on their alliances respectively however, Aurelia is still firmly non-aligned along with Yugoslavia

As such, Aurelia pursues much non-aligned ideals however they would continue on stockpiling their own nuclear arsenal in case both idiots do the funni

Yugoslavia doesn't give a shit as they also enjoyed good relations with Aurelia despite being ideologically neutral.

-April 8, 1960

Aurelia managed to get a first man on space achieved way before USSR's Yuri Gagarin.

-Feburary 7, 1961

Aurelian economic boom has started and it is slowly overtaking USA

USA is having none of it so they attempted a Black-Ops attack on Griswall... And failed horribly that their operation got exposed and US economy taking a hit after that.

-March 2, 1961

Aurelia and Yugoslavia collaborated with the new MBT to challenge Soviet T-62 and American M60 Patton. Named MT-61

(Will make seperate story for all Aurelian Equipment shit)

The MT-61 would not be only world's best Cold War tank for Aurelia, but also for Yugoslavia with its weaker version MT-61 (All plasteel armor are replaced with Composite Armor instead and much mass-producable) named M-61

Both MT-61 and M-61 tanks outclassses Soviet future MBTs T-72 and T-80 by large margin

-March 10, 1961

Aurelia introduces R-61 as a direct upgrade to R-47. At the time, R-61 is the best Assault Rifle Aurelia has to offer thanks to non-existent recoil and very accurate. Taking lessons from AK-47 and M16, this is a first Aurelian Assault Rifle using AK platform and loaded with 7.92x33mm Kurz.

- August 20, 1961

- August 20, 1961

What's left of Brazil has been splitted after much disagreements and a bit of civil war. Soviet Republic of East Brazil and Unitary State of West Brazil are formed. Aurelia quickly takes the southern regions of Brazil and sets up a mandate to stabilize the region

-Septemper 4, 1961

President Eris Jamones, the founding father of Aurelia, has died to a heart attack. The entire nation mourns as elections started after the burial.

Candidates:

-James Kaslana, War Hero, PSL (Party of Social-Liberalism/Progressive. Neutralist)

-Alejandro Gonates, Politician, CPA (Communist Party of Aurelia. Pro Soviet)

-Jacinto Kalatolo, Businessman, AFMS (Alliance for Free Market Society. Pro NATO)

-September 8, 1961

James Kaslana, a war hero of Korean Intervention and Platnean War, wins the election by landslide.

James Kaslana will continue its pursue to neutrality and cooperating with Non-Aligned League to greatest extent and promised Aurelia will be the first ones on Mars as Space Race began.

-October 12, 1961

Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev suddenly dies to a stroke. He is replaced by a Socialist Reformist and President Kaslana's friend from University of Griswall: Antonov Kalasinovic.

Both James and Antonov didn't expect Nikita picked Antonov as his successor. Antonov decided to go with it as he picks Valery Sablin as his right hand man due to similar alignments: To reform Communism.

USA however, it would slowly devolve into almost fascist-like government with its rampant racism as quarter of US Senate are KKK Members, and that one attempt on Aurelia ruined the reputation of "The Land of the Free" and it became clear Aurelia would become another Bastion of Freedom should US went into fascist state.