It made me second guess something that was hard to maintain but easy to lose and that was my faith in our relationship.

I quickly walked down the halls of the house praying for some sign of him just one glance was all I needed.

Then I heard it, this was it, I heard giggling. I really hoped that it wasn't  Alyssa and that Terrence wasn't with her.

" I know about you and Amanda" she stated causing my heart to drop"this is the only way, I promise I won't say anything." Was she blackmailing him or was I in denial.

"You spilt wine on me" I heard Terrance respond, it was definitely them.

"Well of course, obviously we needed a reason to get out of there, you know? without drawing too much attention." But Terrance didn't reply.

I wasn't gonna stand here all night and listen to what they were saying. I needed to see what was happening without being seen of course.

Luckily the door wasn't completely locked so I slightly pushed the door wider just enough for me to see them.

She was standing right in front of him looking up at him with what she called her signature doll eyes.
She took slow predator like steps towards him but he didn't move away his eyes were daring her to step closer, yet his body stayed still.

His jacket was off and I could see the red stain on his white button-up shirt from here, a few buttons were undone and it was pulled out of his pants.

I moved a bit away from the door and rest my back against the wall next to it, why was I feeling this way, why was I being so jealous they weren't even doing anything, were they ?, and then it hit me 'denial' I whispered it was another thing my mother had done even when she had proof that my father was cheating on her, she was always in denial.

That was the first thing my mother had done even though she had seen with her very own eyes, she denied her thoughts and look where that got her. She tried to convince her self differently, was that what I was doing? or was I simply overreacting?

I quickly composed myself before looking through the creek of the door one more time.

How long was I in my thoughts for, because now one of her hands were on his side and the other on a button on his shirt, he was looking away from her but she was staring up at him, what the hell was going on?.

"I'm leaving."Terrence finally said causing me to move away from the door but after a while and the door did not open I looked back and to my surprise, they were locking lips.

What did I miss, it was exactly what I was afraid of. A feeling of pain struck threw my body, why is my body even reacting this way I knew this thing wasn't going to last forever.

I had always known, I was always aware. Have I been denying my thoughts all this time? ignoring signs like this that Terrence wasn't into me anymore and most importantly did my best friend really just betray me?.
she had said that she knew about us. I heard her say it so she knew what she was doing. Why was she doing this?

The air around me began to feel so thick and I felt so weak as I stumbled back accidentally reaching out and pushed the door open, I couldn't breathe.

I've always been afraid and it made so much sense that this was happening. I've always been holding back because I've always been waiting for this moment but it's nothing like I had expected.

They were both looking in my direction now, their lips were moving but I heard nothing I turned and quickly walked away jogged then ran I just wanted to get away from here away from them.

Once I had entered the room full of family friends of people drinking, talking and laughing I slowed down and acted as if nothing was wrong as I made my way towards the front door.

How was I going to reach home I couldn't drive, Terrence was my drive here and I knew basically none of these people, well not enough for any of them to drive me home at least and then I saw him sitting in a chair with a sad face, he looked gloomy almost dead. I walked over to him as quick as I could he looked up at me and was about to speak but I first him.

"Can you take me home," I asked
he was about to say something again but I stopped him "can you just take me home now please."

"Ummm OK, sure," he replied before getting up, grabbing his jacket and he followed me out the door

I got in his car and as I looked back at the building I could see Terrence standing at the door he called my name and I could feel his eyes and Leo's eyes on me
"just go, don't stop," I stated and thankfully he did. I watched through the rearview mirror as Terrence ran down the car "don't stop just keep going." I told him once more but for some reason, I wanted to stop and go back but
I wasn't going to be like my mother one slip up and that's it she had given my father so many chances and I was not going to turn out like her I refuse to do it.

I continued to look through the rearview mirror until I could barely see him anymore and that's when a tear finally slipped from my eye.

'Goodbye happiness once more' I thought and thankfully Leo didn't even ask me what was wrong I guess somehow he assumed or somehow he already knew and I wasn't going to be the one to tell him that his so-called girlfriend was trying to get with  Terran ... I will not even say his name anymore.

At least now I can finally confirm to one of the colleges that have accepted me, it will be better to stay far away from him.

Y'all must hate me but I absolutely love y'all

💋💋💋💋

One last chapter left
I mean daaaaaa we need to make a bit more sense out of this

Thanks for sticking around

I got so much editing to do 😓

But it's worth it, took me long enough right !!