Chapter 40 ~ This Black Heart of Mine is Breaking

Start from the beginning

"You BASTARD!! How dare you compel me?! I can't believe you did that, you sick psychopath!" I throw him aside, and hiss again before dashing forwards and punching him hard: sending him flying across the meadow. "I trusted you! Do you have any idea how rare that is? I stopped sipping vervain, and I thought we had a level of respect between each other. You don't compel your friends!" I scream at him, and he dashes forwards and pins me against the ground.

"I did it to protect you!" He screams at me, his hand tightening on my throat. 

Tears fill my eyes, and I knee him hard below the belt, before elbowing him across the face. I grab onto his sides and flip us over so that I'm on top. Using my arm I hold him down, pressing my arm against his throat, and using the other one to lock down his hand. "I can protect myself! I'm almost as old as you, I can handle myself! I've done it for centuries!" I find myself screaming at him, and my face is twitching with anger. 

"I'm done with you Klaus! Compelling me was low, very, very low. I'm not going to be with someone - friend or otherwise - that manipulates me whenever they want..."  I look down at him, tears are in my eyes but I refuse to let them flow over. "Goodbye Klaus." I dash off, and stop when I get to the city, and I walk into the nearest ally and lean against the wall.

Hot tears flow freely, and I sink to the ground letting myself cry. I never thought that I would ever be crying over a boy... Much less so an Original... Even less so The Original Hybrid Niklaus Mikaelson.

--------------------------------------------

After a few minutes of sulking, I stand up and dust myself off. I have to help Adriana and Kyle, then I'll leave. There's nothing left for me here anymore. I'll find my family, and learn the way from there. I sigh slightly, and walk out of the ally and down the street to my little apartment. Striding in, I pull off my shirt and toss it aside, not bothering to put a new one one. It was to bloody for me, and I needed to concentrate. 

I head to the back, and scan the bookshelf until I find the spell book that I'm looking for. Pulling it down, I flip through the pages until I find the right spell: "Heritage Blood Spells: The Undoing Of Something Powerful Perfect, Exactly what I need!" I say aloud, and gather the ingredients and a sharp knife before pulling down the biggest bowl I have. Which happens to be a mixing bowl.

Sighing, I put the ingredients in carefully following the instructions to the perfection. Holding up the knife, I grab the blade part with one hand, and use the other to yank the knife upwards: slicing open my palm, and letting my blood run over the herbs. 

I pick up a box of matches, and strike one. "Here's goes nothing..." I take in a few deep breaths, before closing my eyes and starting the ritual. "Spiritus ab altera parte non dico vos fascinavit , ut hunc ad patrem meum irritum fecit. Aufero maledictionem , et posuit uada libera est!" I chant a few times, and I can feel the power surging through my blood and I drop the match.

To my surprise, it erupts into flames before slowly dying down and moving around to form a symbol. "Now, we wait." I say softly, staring at the slowly moving fire.

-----------------------------------------

End Briar Rose's POV, Start Adriana's POV

I smile widely as I see him, and the overwhelming urge to hug him consumes me. I fight it though, and he just stares at me blankly. "Kyle! You came... I'm so happy to see you, I just - I just needed to talk to you. How have you been? Have you been taking care of yourself?" I ask quickly, and nervously.

Kyle blinks a few times, and crosses his arms over his chest. "I'm good." He says plainly, and shifts from one foot to the other.

His lack of words is like a million daggers to my heart, and I swallow the lump in my throat. "That's good. So you uh, got my message then?" I ask, hoping that this will bring back feelings and emotions.