Chapter Two

Izuku opened his eyes slowly. Blinking away the blurriness and heaviness in his eyes. As his vision cleared he stared at the ceiling. At least he thought it was a ceiling before he turned his head to the side to see metal bars. Then his memory came rushing back about the events before he passed out. Izuku's eyes widened and he sat up quickly. His head spun violently and he clutched his head. 

"Ah, my head..."

He shouldn't have gotten up so fast. Opening his eyes again he looked around.

The first thing he noticed was the obvious metal cage he was in. It was pretty big for a normal cage, and he could tell that a horse could probably fit in it comfortably. He grabbed the closest bars to him and looked at his outside surroundings.

The second thing he noticed was that he was in some sort of cave. The rocky ceiling above his head very high. And the cave was probably the biggest he'd ever seen. And if he looked closely at the walls he could see scorch marks littering the place. 

It must have been made bigger. 

When he turned around he saw a few lit torches and a large pile of animal furs of all kinds and colors. It was shaped like a nest and it was huge. Maybe larger than the dragon he saw.

Was that the dragon's bed? 

Speaking of which, where was the dragon? 

He looked everywhere in the cave but the scaly reptile was nowhere to be seen. Why hadn't he been eaten yet? Was it saving him for later? Would it come to eat him when it came back? Izuku felt a chill go up his spine at the thought. He would have at least appreciated being eaten unconscious then awake. 

He stood up and walked around to the door of the cage. He shook it to see if it was locked and unfortunately it was. Did the dragon lock him up? How did it do that? He looked around again and saw an opening at the top of the cage. It looked kinda like a hatch. 

So there were two openings. It was more likely that the dragon put him in through there. It was larger and he was sure it's arm could fit.

Izuku was sure he wouldn't be able to push it open. He wouldn't even be able to get up there let alone push open a heavy metal door.

He contemplated for a moment and then remembered his bag. He looked at his waist, but it wasn't there. He blanches.

Had he dropped it?!

His bag was missing and so was his sword.

Just his luck.

Izuku sat down leaning his back against the cool bars, he closes his eyes. All he can do right now is wait. He sighs into the quiet cave.

A few minutes passed, maybe five, but it felt like forever. He couldn't hear much in the cave besides his own breathing and heartbeat. Then his stomach groaned. And he winces. He hadn't eaten in a while and from the light coming from the tunnel, most likely leading to the cave opening, he could say it was probably early afternoon. 

How long would he stay here? Would he die in this cage?

Suddenly Izuku hears the skitter of claws on solid pavement and he jumps. He looked around frantically afraid that another creature would find him and take advantage of him while he was stuck in here.

He mets eyes staring back at him from the other end of the cage. It pops it's head up more and Izuku realizes there was no danger. 

Relief flooded him.

Izuku smiles as the tiny creature runs to him and jumps on him, giving happy chirps.

"Haha, where did you come from?" Izuku asks the dragonfly. She just chirps again and begins fluttering around him. She lands on one of the cage bars, sliding down and hops to the ground on the other side of the cage.