Chapter 37 ~ Everything Changes

Start from the beginning

"Always and Forever mom. That's why I have you on speed dial Number Two. Since One is occupied with voice mail, and I'll be fine mom! If you need anything call me, or Aunt Rebekah. Remember, it's only us gals here!" I send her a big smile over my shoulder as I head out of the house, and jog down the steps to the road.

--------------

I'm finding it extremely hard to try not to skip, since this is like the happiest day ever! Dad and Uncle Elijah has decided that needed to get some assistance on the current matters here, and left for a few towns. With there heads held high, pockets full, and promises of returning safely. After all, it had been two weeks and no one has heard anything from Astra and Samuel.

But, that still didn't stop them from wanting to kill them. Make that two-three of us, I so want to be the one to snap that no-neck bitches neck. Even the thought of her is enough to put a dot on my happy mood, which I refuse to let break. Today is the day, it's finally the day! I get to go on a date with Kyle! It would be our third date; first was the disaster party, then the Halloween failure, and now this... I'm hoping there isn't a pattern here.

Nervously tucking my hair behind my ear, the wind - of course - has to kick in and blow it every different direction. While it was tempting to use magic to calm the wind, I want today to be a magic free day. So taking a deep breath and trying - failing to get my under control, I take a seat on the bench under a big oak tree to wait.

5 minutes... 10 minutes... 15 minutes... 25 minutes...

Glancing at my watch every five minutes, I count down the minutes that he's late. So far I'm at 25-26 minutes, 39 minutes and 41, 42, 43, 44 seconds. If this is his way of expressing how much he cares by standing me up then, he can forget it. Wait, I'm not going to leave yet. Marcel probably got him all tied up, he would have called if he wanted to cancel right? Oh, yeah of course!

And cue the awkward debating thoughts. Downing the rest of my fourth cup of coffee, I aim and toss it perfectly into the trash can. So that they could join there dates in the trash can. Biting my lip nervously, I run my hand through my hair before letting it fall back down where ever it wants to go. At the 30 minute mark, I take a deep breath and collect my things.

The littch chipmunks scurry off, but one stay back and stares at me expectantly. "Sorry Chippy, maybe another time. You wouldn't stand me up would you?" He squeaks at me, before scurrying off to join the rest of his friends in the trees.

Must be nice, having friends I mean. Swallowing hard, I turn around and ram right into someone! "Oh my god!" I exclaim, looking down to inspect the damage. Nothing, just a few... Flower petals? Looking up, my dampened mood vanishes into thin air like it was never there. My silly little heart picks up rate, and a smile plasters on my face.

"Hi! That's um, we have to stop running into each other - literally not figuratively." I say flustered, and then my eyes fall on the bright red, yellow, and purple bouquet of flowers. "Oh my gosh there beautiful!" And it's true, there bright and cheerful, fresh, and healthy - like me.

Kyle grins down at me, and nods slightly. "Yeah... Hey, I'm so sorry I'm late Marcel's diffidently onto us. He kept making me run from one end of the city to the other, and I can't say no... You know how it is, people telling you to do something and if you don't do it then you get punished." He says, and his eyes flicker to the flowers. "So, I thought that I'd get these for you for as a peace offering."

Grinning, he hands me the flowers and smelling them they smell so good! I return the grin and nod slightly. "Oh yeah, I totally get it. My dad's that way, my mom is a little bit with the house chores but dad he's...