Little Blueberry

Spoiler warning: This chapter contains information about the Shadowhunter Academy's short story "Born to endless night."
To make things easier to understand I will state the important ages before every story.
Alec: 25
Max(Blueberry): 2
Jace is the same age as Alec and Izzy is around one year younger. Clary is about two years younger than Jace and Alec. I might have mixed up a bit of show and book info but it's just to make things a bit clearer. 
And Magnus and Simone are, as we all know, immortal, therefore I will not mention their age here.

"You realize that when it's time for Blueberry to have his own room you can just use magic to furnish it right?" Alec asked jokingly as he sat down on the rug next to Max and Magnus, who was looking through a home-center magazine, while the little one was playing with toy blocks.

The warlock sent the journal away with the fling of his wrist and looked at his husband bluntly "And where would be the fun in that Alexander?" he asked, looking down when one of the colorful cubes landed in his lap "I am sure it is a lot more exciting to  jump on every bed and onto every couch that you like than just having papa make it appear."

Alec chuckled, building a tower out of the blocks, which Max destroyed laughing, waiting for his dad to build another one "Okay, that's a valid argument. You know I never went to a home-center," he had said it rather casually, but Magnus looked at him dismayed.

"Well, you definitely missed out. I tell you, it is quite a nice pastime, wandering through the store, imagining how you could make your home look like. I got a lot of ideas from those trips," Magnus explained while watching Alec and their son play together.

It had been one year ago when young Max had come into their lives. Alec and Magnus had both been invited to the Shadowhunter Academy as guest lecturers. On their second day there the students had found an abandoned warlock child at the steps of the school. With nothing but a blanket and a note, stating only his name and the question: 'Who could ever love it?'

Besides that, the trip to the academy had been annoying most of the time. Predominantly due to the fact that apparently Magnus and he were some kind of celebrity couple and instead of asking questions that had something to do with being Inquisitor or a successful Shadowhunter some girls asked about their private lives.

The blue skin of the baby had revealed it as a warlock, which the mundane mother apparently wasn't able to handle. However, Max had been lucky, a lot of warlock babies got murdered rather than abandoned. At first Magnus had been unsure about adopting him, but in the end, they had agreed on it.

And they loved their little Blueberry. His full name was Max Michael Lightwood-Bane, but since Alec's little brother shared the name with him they referred to the child with his nickname, which Magnus had given him.

In fact, there was not one person that didn't love the little Blueberry. Clary, who had been introduced back into the Shadowworld when Jace had discovered that she had the sight again, had been worried about the baby's health at first. Which was understandable, since he had been the first unglamoured warlock she had seen after her memory loss.

Max had yet to display his magical abilities, but according to Magnus, most young warlocks started to discover their magic around the age of five. Which meant they still had some time before things would start to fly around the apartment uncontrollably. Not that Alec was really concerned, Magnus was surely going to do a great job with teaching Blueberry.

Max was, for now, the only young warlock living in Alicante. The clave's openness towards downworlders was still fairly new, especially to immortal beings, but with time things would hopefully change. With Shadowhunter children being raised more tolerant these days Alec was confident that their son would find friends here.