Earth Skills

We were all running through the woods, trying to get back to camp. Trying to get away from the other people, that we didn't even know were here. I stop to look back. Fuck, Jaspers dead. "Stacey! Come on!" Finn yells grabbing my arm. We continue to run like hell when Monty trips on something and falls. "Monty! We gotta go! Get up!" I yell as I help him hey off of the ground. When I look around I see bones. A lot of fucking bones. "Who are they?" Finn asks. Clarke bends down and grabs a skull. "What are they?" She asks, examining the oddly shaped skull. "Fuck, we are so screwed." I say holding onto Monty. We all freeze as we hear a piercing scream. Jaspers scream. "Jasper?" I ask slightly relieved he's alive. "He's alive." Clarke says as she runs towards the scream. I quickly follow ignoring Finn as he tries to stop us. "Stay out of the trees." He says hold me and Clarke back. We look to where Jasper was and he's gone. "He was right there." Finn says looking around. "No. Where is he?" Monty asks. Clarke and I look around, "They took him." Clarke says. "We have to go get help. Come on!" I say grabbing a hold of Clarke's hand and walking towards camp.

When we get there we see Wells holding a knife go Murphy's throat. I can't help but want to protect Murphy. "Wells! Let him go! Now!" I yell walking towards them. Wells pushes Murphy to the ground and I help him up. "Are you okay?" I ask him but all he does is push me out of the way and lunges at Wells. You're welcome dickhead. Bellamy stops Murphy from killing Wells, "Hey! Enough, Murphy." He turns and looks at his sister limping and holding onto Monty. "Octavia, are you alright?" He asks hugging his sister. "Yeah." She panting and sitting down. "Where's the food?" He asks looking to Clarke. "We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Finn replies as he sits down. "What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asks. I look at him and say, "We we're attacked." Wells gets closer to Clarke asking, "Attacked? By what?" "Not what. Who." Finn says. "It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder." Finn continues. "It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke says to the group. "Yeah, the bad news is the grounders will." Finn finishes. Wells looks around and asks, "Where's the kid with the goggles?" I look to the ground. "Jasper was hit, they took him." Clarke says before I can. She grabs Wells's wrist, "Where's your wristband? She asks him. He pulls his arm away and looks at Bellamy, "Ask him." He says. We all look at Bellamy. "How many?" Clarke asks. "24 and counting." Murphy says with a smirk on his face. "You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them, you're killing us!" Clarke yells to the group with another fucking speech. I'm tired of speeches. "We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her, she's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say, you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The grounders should worry about us!" Bellamy says. I look down at my wrist, I miss my brother, but if Alex comes down, I'm dead. I should take it off. Fuck the Ark. Fuck Kane for sending me down here. Fuck Alex. They can all float themselves. They sent us down here to die. My own dad was okay with me dying. I start to cry as I walk behind a tree. I hit it a couple of times and cry. "You send me down here to die? Well, guess what? I'm dead." I say yo myself as I remove me wristband. I cry harder realizing that Matt would think I'm dead. I hope he's still alive. I suddenly remember what he hold me before I came down here. I reach into the back of my jacket. I touch something cold and hard. When I pull it out it's a gun. In the pockets of my jacket are extra clips. I've been afraid of guns ever since Alex.... Nevermind. I put the gun in the front of my jeans and cover it with my shirt. I wipe my blood off of my knuckles and come out from behind the tree. I wipe the tears away and walk up to Octavia and Bellamy. He's cleaning her leg and when he sees me he scoffs. "You got a problem?" I ask him sharply. "Yeah, I do actually. I told you that if anything happened to my sister you'd answer to me." He says getting closer to me. "I didn't know it was gonna happen. I'm sorry." I say to him "Who even are you?" He asks ignoring my apology. He looks me up and down and crosses his arms. "Stacey." I say a little more quiet than I wanted to but damn he's fine. "Well, Stacey. My sister could have been killed." He says loudly. "And she would have been if it wasn't for Stacey and Jasper." Clarke says coming out of no where. "You guys leaving? I'm coming too." Octavia says tying the shirt around her thigh. "No, no. No way, not again." Bellamy says. "He's right, your legs just gonna slow is down. I'm here for you." Clarke says turning to Bellamy. "Clarke what are you doing?" Wells asks her. Clarke ignores him, "I hear you have a gun." She continues talking to Bellamy. He lifts up how shirt yo reveal his gun. Great. "Good. Follow me." She says. "And why would I do that?" He asks her. "Because you want them to follow you. And right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared." She replies content with herself. Clarke turns to me, "Kane, you're coming too." I smile and start walking. I knew Bellamy and the others were shocked to know my last name. "Those guys aren't just bullies, Clarke. They're dangerous criminals." Wells says to Clarke. "I'm counting on it." She says and the three of us keep walking.