Chapter 23

A/N: darlings, I'm sorry it's been ages since I updated. I just have been so busy working and traveling. As soon as I came back home this crazy corona crisis started. And since most of you are probably stuck at home now, i figured you might like to read something. So, I tried to finish this for you all. I'm still really busy working myself, so it took me longer than I intended to. This was also planned as a Christmas chapter, but I didn't get it up around Christmas as you can see ;). This is also the very last chapter of Drowse. So, there is a bit of pressure on me to finish this off properly. But don't worry, there's a new book coming, a sequel to Drowse. Which I hope you'll all enjoy reading too! Enough talking, let's get on with it!
WARNING: none
WORDS: 4.3k +

3k +

THE ODEON, HAMMERSMITH, LONDON, DECEMBER 24, 1975

"Thank you! Good night! Happy Christmas!" Freddie said as he took his final bow and said goodbye to the audience. They'd played at the Odeon in Hammersmith this Christmas Eve. The show was even live broadcasted on BBC Two and BBC Radio 1. It all has been a big deal for them to perform a show live on TV for the very first time. Freddie even had a white Bechstein piano imported especially for this performance.

All the other band members thanked the audience and said their goodbyes as well before leaving the stage. Sarah, Paul and some roadies were watching them from the wings.

"Great job, boys!" Prenter said and patted them all on the back. "You were amazing, Freddie." He praised the singer. Freddie just forced a smile back in return.
"You did brilliant!" Sarah said and pulled her sweaty drummer in for a hug. The sweat only showed his muscular physique off even better.
"Thank you, love." Roger rasped back, kissing her on the lips. The couple had been very intimate with one another since the great news. And it hadn't gone unnoticed by the other band members.

"Oi, get a room!" Brian said as they were all in their shared dressing room. Sarah and Roger were currently caught up in a make out session.
"We already are in a room." Roger replied with a smirk as he looked at Brian, keeping his arms around his petite girlfriend. She had her hands flat on his toned chest.
"A room that we aren't in." The guitarist replied and made a face as he pulled his trousers up.