Chapter 8

A/N: just imagine Roger looks at Sarah the way he looks in that gif
WARNING: none, just fluff!
WORDS: 3.6k

KENSINGTON, LONDON, 1975

"What do you think?" Sarah asked as she walked into the living room to show off her outfit. She was wearing a short, black dress with flowy sleeves, paired with black suede overknee platform boots and fishnets. "I'm thinking of wearing my white fur coat on top of it, or would that be too much?"
"You look amazing." Roger said breathlessly. A smile appeared on his face and be bit his lip as soon as she had walked in.
"You really think so?" She asked and ran her hands through her hair.
"Yes," Roger nodded heavily. "You look beautiful. Just uh," he said and moved his fingers to his chest and nodded at hers.
"What?" Sarah asked confused and looked down at her own chest. "You think I should open these?" She pointed at the buttons at the top of her dress. Roger just shrugged. "It's a job interview, Roger. I have to look professional." Sarah laughed.
"Is it a man who will be interviewing you?" He asked and took a drag of his cigarette.
"I believe it is." She replied.
"Then unbutton it." He said matter of factly and tapped some of the ash into the ashtray, his platinum bracelet moving back and forth by the action.
"I don't want them to hire me because of my looks, well, boobs in this case." The blonde said and looked at the drummer. "I want them to hire me for my skills and my passion."
"I know, I know," he replied and put his fag in the ashtray before he stood up. "And they will. They're going to love you."
"Do you think they'll ask questions about my personal life?" She asked a little nervously.
"I don't know, maybe, why?" The tall man approached her. Her eyes were glued to his torso for a moment, he was wearing a tight white shirt, showing off his muscular physic.
"What if they ask me about my current living situation? What am I supposed to say? 'I'm living with this guy, I'm also his groupie, and since I couldn't pay my rent anymore I moved in with him.'". She said sarcastically.
"Hey, hey, hey, I don't see why they'd ask all of that, it's going to be fine." Roger said assuringly and placed his rough hands on her lean upper arms. She took a shaky breath. "You're right, I'm just freaking out. It's just that.. I want this job so badly. I just want to earn money again so I'll be able to take care of myself."
"I get it, really." He gave her a comforting smile. "Are you ready to go then?"
"No," she said.
"I know it's scary, but-" Roger started.
"Now I am." Sarah said as she unbuttoned the first few buttons of her dress to show off a bit more cleavage.
"But I thought you just said-?" The drummer was dumbfounded.
"Oh, forget what I just said. I need to get a job." She laughed. "Let's go then."

***

ISLINGTON, LONDON, 1975

"It's right here," Roger said as he pulled over in front of the clothing store. "Are you ready?" He asked and looked at Sarah. She just nodded a little, but he could see she was nervous.
"It's going to be fine, they're going to love you." He tried to comfort her and placed his hand on her leg, squeezing it softly.
"Will you wait here for me?" She asked quietly and looked from his hand on her leg to his face.
"Of course," He beamed. "Just have to park the car down the other block, I guess. I'm not allowed to park it here." Sarah looked at the parking restriction signs as Roger nodded his head towards it.
"Alright, well, I better get going then." She sighed and placed her hand on the door handle to open it.
"Wait!" Roger suddenly said. "I totally forgot," He fumbled in his pockets, gaining a confused look from Sarah. "Here," He said as he took something from the pocket of his brown leather jacket. She couldn't see what it was cause he had his calloused hand wrapped around it. "It's from Freddie.. he asked me to give it to you. For you to wear to the job interview." Roger said and opened his hand, revealing a ring with a big emerald stone.
"What?" Sarah said breathlessly. "That's beautiful. It seems vintage."
"He got it from some stall at Kensington Market. Also kept rambling on about how much he want to take you there some time." Roger chuckled.
"I love it." She said and put it around her finger. "He's such a sweetheart, he didn't have to do such a thing."
"He's very fond of you," Roger smirked. "And I hate to break the moment but I think you should go now if you don't want to be late."
"Right, of course!" She quickly said and grabbed her purse.
"Good luck." Roger smiled and kissed her cheek.
"Thank you." She smiled back at him before opening the door of the green Mini and walking over to Caroline's. She quickly turned around once more before opening the door and walking in, to shot one last quick smile at Roger. Who smiled back and waved at her before driving away.