xii

Nayeon's POV

I panicked as I tugged myself under the sheet feeling so exposed with my half-naked body. I heard someone moaned, disturbed by her or his sleep. I peeked who the person was, it was Jeongyeon sleeping. I scanned through the room, it was indeed her room. I was looking for my dress. And there it was, hanging on one side of the room.

I wanted to get up and quickly grab my dress, but I might wake Jeongyeon up. Despite my sudden scream, she was still in deep sleep. I covered my body properly with the blanket and tiptoed through my clothes.

"You're up early," Jeongyeon said with her raspy voice behind me.

I didn't face her yet as I feel embarrassed with this piece of clothing covering me now. I grabbed the dress hanging and was about to go out of the room.

"Wait, are you sure you're going wearing that? My family might see you and think of something else," she said when I held the knob.

Aish, she's right.

I sighed in defeat and turned around to see her. She was still sitting on her beddings on the floor. She smiled weakly and stood up.

"Fine, I'll go out. You can change here. But not with those." she pointed out my dress. "Wait for a sec." I saw her walked through her drawer and took some clothes out.

She handed it to me, "Wear those on and come downstairs for breakfast." then left as I heard the door silently closed.

I removed the blanket to change the clothes Jeongyeon gave me when suddenly the door opened again, "I forgot my-"

"Ahhh!!!" I screamed as Jeongyeon surprisingly was about to go inside again and immediately went out as she saw my half-naked body.

"Fucking hell, Jeongyeon!" I hissed as my heartbeat went faster.

"I'm sorry!" she shouted back at the other side of the door.

I quickly wore the clothes and fixed myself as I feel like I look ill and messy with this stupid hangover.

I held the knob and opened it. I saw Jeongyeon outside the room looking nervous at me.

"Sorry," she chuckled nervously while rubbing her nape. "I forgot about my phone."

I just glared at her and walked downstairs to eat. I saw Jeongyeon's family in the living room watching television. Except for Seungyeon unnie, she was nowhere to be found.

"Good morning, Nayeon. There's food at the table." It was Seoyeon unnie, Jeongyeon's second sister.

"Ne, thank you," I told her. I greeted both Jeongyeon's parents who were at the couch sitting.

I went to the dining area where Jeongyeon was already sitting. I looked at her not minding her business. She was fiddling with her phone, probably texting her girlfriend.

"Let's eat?" she asked.

I nodded and sat in front of her. She put her phone away and started to dig in. I did too. We were both engrossed with our food, especially me because I was hungry and who knows why.

The silence between us was deafening. None of us talked but I can see her through my peripheral view, she was giving me occasional glimpses.

"About last night," she broke the silence. I tilted my head to see her.

"I was the one who r-removed your dress. Eomma told me to change you but I wasn't able to do it b-because you were m-moving so much. I-I couldn't change you. I only got t-to r-remove the d-dress." she explained. I can sense her voice shaking in the middle of the sentence as she felt anxious with her explanation.