Jessi and Missy

Jessi's POV

Before

Missy walked into my bedroom and took a seat on my messily made bed, tapping beside her, indicating she wanted me to take a seat as well. I sat down beside her and began to twiddle my thumbs awkwardly. I could tell that she was uncomfortable too. I mean, I liked her and I was pretty sure she knew so I didn't know what to do. Do I tell her I like her just to make sure she knows or do I play it cool and wait for her to make a move, which certainly seems unlikely. I bet she still likes Andrew. He freaked her out and all at my bat mitzvah by telling her he loved her, but I knew that she still had feelings for him.

"Hey, Jessi, are you okay?" She asked, suddenly throwing me out of my daydream.

"Oh, uh yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

"What are you thinking about?" She had a sly look on her face.

"Not important". I couldn't tell her, not until I at least knew she wouldn't harshly reject me.

"Could it be the same thing that I'm thinking about?"

"It depends, what are you thinking about?"

And then it happened. Missy slowly leaned in, placing her hands on my cheeks and kissed me. Nothing extreme, but it was perfect. As she pulled away, she looked at me, expecting me to say something.

"So...?" She asked.

"We were definitely thinking about the same thing" I replied, pulling her face close to mine again, kissing her slowly.

Jessi's POV

After:

I sat in class staring at the blackboard and trying to focus, but Coach Steve really wasn't making it easy. He kept referring to the female genitals as 'a bagina'. I couldn't stop thinking about Missy. Well, not because of what we were learning about, but she was just in my head. I couldn't get over that kiss. I completely avoided her yesterday. I couldn't face her because frankly, I wasn't sure how I felt. I knew I liked her but I didn't know what to do about it. I didn't know what to do about the kiss.

As soon as the bell rang, I rushed out of the room and straight to Missy's locker. She met there with a smile and a hug. I looked into her hazel eyes and couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her into one of the supply closets. I pressed my lips against hers and slowly led my tongue into her mouth. Exploring her mouth, I began to breathe heavily, gasping for breath. It wasn't until the light flickered on that I realised that we weren't alone. Staring at us in disbelief was Jay and Matthew.

"Holy shit. You- you guys..." Jay stuttered. He was clearly at a loss for words.

"Oh my god, you guys are..." Matthew wasn't much better.

"This is officially awkward. I've got to get to class. Come on, Jay" Matthew said, grabbing Jay's wrist and leading him out the door. As he walked past me, he whispered in my ear. "Meet me after school by the oak tree out front".

Matthew's POV

I could not believe it. Missy and Jessi. Jessi and Missy. They were making out. At school. This was so not like Jessi. She wouldn't even touch Jay in public when they were together. I don't know how, that guy is irresistible but that's besides the point. The part that hurt the most was that Jessi hadn't told me. She was my only real friend. She was the only one that was always there for me. But she didn't tell me.

I walked out of school and waited at the large oak tree out the front for Jessi to show. After about ten minutes of waiting, I saw her slowly walking out of the school, head down and hands in her pockets.

"H-hey, Matthew"

"Don't 'Hey Matthew' me. How could you not tell me that you and Missy were a thing?" I shot back in my usual bitchy tone.

"I'm sorry. But nobody else knows. It only happened the night before last when she was at my place, I promise!"

"Seriously? And you're already making out at school?"

"Didn't you and Jay get together yesterday?"

I went quiet. Shit, she was right.