Chapter Three

A few months have passed and summer has arrived. Everyone mirthed because they could enjoy the summer, away from arduous teachers and school work. Some still mirthed but at the same time sulked because they have to attend summer classes or camps. As for me, I decided that it is time to take a rest from school work and spend time with Yongguk.

A month has past and I was alone at home with my younger sister named Hyung Byung who is 14 years old. She is the usual gamer but also minds her studies. I was just making some pancake batter when the telephone rang.

"I'll get it!" Byung said, paused her game and stood up to answer the phone.

"Thanks Byung!" I said as she smiled at me.

"Yeoboseyo?" she said "Ne oppa!" oppa eh? Must be Yongguk. "Unnie! Oppa wants to talk to you!" it is Yongguk!

"Give me the phone please?" I asked and she gave it to me.

"Minkyung! Meet at the coffee shop we always go to at three! OK bye!" and he hung up. What in the world? I just jaw dropped at how zippy that call was. I wasn't even able to reply if I was booked or not. Aish, puerile Yongguk, I wonder, what's the buzz?

Finally it's the time that I will meet Yongguk at the coffee shop. I wore a plain t-shirt with undecorated jeans and converse. I wasn't those fashionista girls that wear dresses and skirts with designer bags and whatnot, I just simply get a t-shirt and bottoms and that it. I mean, it's a plain get out, it's not like it's a beauty pageant or a party.

"Byung! I'm going! Dad will come home at 7 so cook the food if in case I get home late, arraso?" I called, reminder her of duties as I go.

"Ne, unnie!" she shouted back, never taking her eyes off the TV screen as I sighed with a smile and walked to the coffee shop.

As I arrived at the coffee shop, it was obviously solemn and the fragrance of coffee embedded the air, which makes it more relaxing. It was also not full which makes it also good for studying or doing projects and school stuff. I found Yongguk sitting on our usual seat and gave me a cup of earl grey tea, one of my favorite flavours of tea!

"Kamsa!" I thanked him and took small sips of it "You know, you should have gotten like cold drinks instead of this, I mean it's summer." I suggested and he nodded.

"Oh right." he said, humdrum.

"So why did you call me to go here?" I asked and took another sip of tea.

"I... I just wanted to tell you something." this seems earnest, he sounds serious and when he is serious, he is serious.

"OK, what is it?" I asked, curious as to what it is.

"Can... Can we take a break?" he asked, unsure of his own question.