[5/??]

Reader POV

Kyoutani didn't even acknowledge me as I sat down beside him, not that I minded. I was still a little annoyed at him for being so stubborn at his house and accidentally hurting me. Although, it had been partially my fault. Not that I'd ever admit to that. I didn't realize how tired I was despite not being an active player until the bus started moving and we were on our way back to Seijoh. It quickly became difficult to keep my eyes open and at some point, I actually fell asleep.

Kyoutani POV

I watched the scenery pass by the window as the bus drove away from Karasuno on its way back to our school. Most of the bus was in a sleepy haze apart from Hanamaki and Matsukawa in front of my seat and Kindaichi and Kunimi in the seat near the front. I did think that (F/N) was being oddly quiet despite sitting next to me. I had been expecting a lecture of some kind or something, I don't really know. But none of it came. In fact, all I heard from her in the first ten minutes of the drive was a small yawn.

I assumed she fell asleep too but I wasn't fully certain until I felt a sudden soft weight fall against my shoulder. I pulled my attention away from the window to look down at (F/N) fast asleep against my shoulder. I sat there stiffly, unsure what to do as this sort of situation had never presented itself to me before. The shutter sound of a picture being taken from an iPhone sounded and I whipped my head up to glare at Makki and Matsun who were leaned over the back of their seat to take pictures of the scene before them. Though they took one look at my face and quickly turned back around to sit normally in their seats with nervous laughter.

Since I wasn't really sure how to handle the situation at hand, I opted for trying to ignore it, looking back out the window and allowing (F/N) to nap peacefully against my shoulder. I also tried to ignore the conversation Makki was trying to start with Oikawa who was seated in front of them. He was likely trying to wake our captain and show him the picture he'd just snapped. 

When we reached the school, the captain came back to my seat on the bus and lifted his sleeping sister into his arms without a word. It had been weird. I had thought for sure he would have some kind of shitty comment to throw out about the scene. But he just gave his sister a soft, warm smile and carried her off the bus with Iwaizumi following close behind. I went home and ate dinner with my mom before laying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling just lost in thought about everything that had happened recently involving (F/N). I just couldn't wrap my head around it all and it was getting frustrating.

~~~~

Reader POV

"We should all go out for karaoke after practice today since we don't have school." I suggested to the team as they were beginning their stretches. A majority of the boys nodded though Kunimi and Iwaizumi looked less than impressed with the idea. They didn't object though so if they didn't enjoy themselves it would be their own fault.

It was nearly halfway through practice when the gym door opened and caught my attention. I looked on in shock at who walked through the door. Kyoutani. He actually showed up to practice... And on a day when we didn't even have school. I was at a lost for what to think to be honest. I just couldn't believe this was happening. But I couldn't stop the bright smile that worked it's way onto my features as my feet took me across the gym to meet him. "Kyoutani-san, you actually came. Hurry and get changed. We've still got some time left before practice is over." I informed him and he gave a curt nod, walking off to the locker room to change. He came back out a couple minutes later and got to stretching off in the corner of the gym. I walked over to him just as he sat down to do some floor stretches. "Would you like some help stretching? Oh, the team is going to karaoke after practice. Do you want to come with us? Snacks are on Tooru." He looked up at me as I gave him a hopeful smile. Another nod. I wasn't sure which question that was for. Perhaps both? I mean, he didn't object to either thing so I assumed he was agreeing to both. I knelt down behind him as he put both legs out in front of himself and leaned forward to reach for his toes. I gently pushed on his upper back to help him stretch a bit more than he was able to by himself. I did the same thing when he spread his legs and leaned forward, being sure to be gentle about it so he wouldn't stretch too far and pull something.

After he was done stretching I went back to the bench and he went off to practice his serves. "I can almost see the shoujo sparkles around you. What's got you so happy?" Iwaizumi asked as he and Hanamaki came over to me for their water bottles. I handed them each their water and shrugged with a happy smile. "Kyoutani came to practice. See. I helped him stretch. He's even gonna come with us for karaoke afterwards! I thought it was a lost cause trying to get him to show up. I don't know why he did but I'm glad he's finally here." The boys exchanged an odd look with each other and then headed back to the court after finishing their water break, handing me back the bottles.

I waited for all the boys to get changed after practice so we could walk to the karaoke parlor. I really hoped this would be fun for everyone. They all had a good practice and seemed in high spirits and besides it would be good team bonding. We could all have some good natured fun poking fun at each other for song choice, singing skill and maybe play a few silly teenager games. Like truth or dare or whatever. When we reached the parlor, Iwaizumi paid for a room for three hours and Tooru took snack requests before hurrying off to get them. To hopefully make Kyoutani a bit more comfortable being with everyone, I made sure to sit between him and Kindaichi, giving Kyoutani the end seat closest to the wall. He looked tense but he wasn't glaring at everything yet so maybe this wasn't so bad.