[4/??]

Kyoutani POV

After a lecture from my mom on how to treat girls properly, I holed myself up in my room. I stared at the bento (F/N) had shoved onto my hands before leaving as it sat on my desk, untouched. She came here to bring me my school work and a homemade lunch and ask one more time if I'd come to practice. Well, more like demand it... And even after all the effort, I ended up physically hurting her. I'd made a third-year cry because I hurt her... And not just any third year, that awful team captain's twin sister. I hadn't meant to get her hurt. It just happened. I felt bad, of course, but how was I supposed to convey that? She probably hated me for real now. And she'd been the only girl to approach me without freaking out at my appearance. I sighed and got up from my bed to grab the lunch and open it up. It would be a shame to waste it.

I set the lid aside as I sat back down on my bed, unwrapping the piece of paper from the provided chopsticks that had been secured with a blue string. I was about to try the food when I caught a glimpse of writing on the paper. A note? I set the chopsticks aside and picked up the paper to read the note.

'Please come to practice, Kyoutani-san...
~Oikawa (F/N)'

I frowned and set the note back down on my bed to pick up the chopsticks again and actually eat this bento she'd made special for me. I didn't want to go to practice. I didn't want to socialize with her or anyone else on the team. As long as I got to play when we had practice games and official games, I didn't care about anything else. So why did this girl insist on getting me to attend practice? I'd already yelled at her, growled, hell, I'd even hurt her for real now... But she still gave me this bento containing that note as one last plea for me to attend practice. I didn't understand it. Why couldn't she just leave me alone? And why did this simple lunch taste so damn good? Why did eating it slowly turn my lips up into a ghost of a smile? My chest felt a bit tight and warm after eating that and I neatly packed it back up when it was empty. I still wouldn't go to practice, but maybe that Oikawa sibling wasn't so horrible to be around. I suppose I could at least stop growling at her. I still wouldn't talk to her though...

~~~~

As expected, (F/N) avoided me completely for the next few days until we had an away practice game against Karasuno and I was to join the team on the ride there.

I boarded the bus with my sports bag slung over one shoulder, holding the strap and holding the bento box she'd given me in the other hand. This had been the only chance I'd gotten to give it back. I looked for her typical fluffy brown ponytail among the rest of the team that was already on board the bus and spotted her at the back seated next to Kindaichi. The two looked to be having a happy conversation and I frowned as I walked up to their seat, silently holding the box out at her. Kindaichi noticed me first and shrunk back toward the window a little, tapping (F/N)'s arm to get her attention, pointing over at me.

She looked up at me then to the item in my hand, hesitantly taking it from me. "Thanks for returning it. You should sit down before the bus starts moving." She warned, tone plain, maybe even a hint of anger in it. Yeah that didn't surprise me. I gave a curt nod and sat down in the empty seat across the aisle from hers while she went back to chatting with Kindaichi, something about his blocking technique.

Reader POV

The game went well. A full 3 set game, we won. I was the last to board the bus this time, having stayed behind for a moment to get the number of Karasuno's manager. She'd been a joy to talk with after the game and I wanted to stay in contact with her. I also ended up getting Sugawara and Sawamura's numbers. They'd come over to talk with me for a bit after the game as well and I didn't see a reason why I couldn't keep in touch. They both seemed nice. And they were big volleyball nuts like my brother and best friend so at least I knew we'd always have something to talk about.

Hanamaki and Matsukawa were sharing a seat, Tooru was seated by himself in front of Iwaizumi who was also by himself with their bags taking up the free space so they could have personal space. I didn't blame them. They were all tired and probably just wanted to sleep on the ride back. Yabaha and Watari were also taking up seats all to themselves. Kindaichi was paired up with Kunimi, chatting away in quiet tones to be respectful to the other tired players around them. The coaches each had their own seats all to themselves as well, leaving me only one option, the seat at the back behind Makki and Matsun that was occupied by Kyoutani who had his bag on the floor by his feet as he stared out the window. I pouted a little but sucked up my bad luck and walked to the back of the bus to take the only open seat. Now, I probably could have politely asked Iwaizumi or my brother to move their bag for me to sit with them, but they both looked so tired I didn't want to bother them. They'd been some of the few players that had been in the game from the start of the first set to the end of the last set. They deserved some rest free from someone sitting next to them.