[2/??]

Reader POV

I spent my lunch period running away from the unwanted fanboys I'd attracted during my first week of school. In fact, I spent the next seven school days on the run during lunch break and never got the time to actually go to Kyoutani's class and talk to him. Today I found myself safe on the roof to eat my lunch, free from annoying fanboys. I quickly ate my bento in the peaceful silence before steeling myself to try and get in a chat with Kyoutani during the second half of lunch. I set my empty bento back in my bag in my classroom and waved to Iwaizumi as I left the classroom again to go to the second years' hallway.

His class was the last one, farthest from where the third year hallway was. I made note of that and went to open the door but it opened before I could even touch it and a girl stepped out. I took a step back so we wouldn't run into each other. "Ah, excuse me. Do you know if Kyoutani Kentaro is in the classroom? I need to talk to him." I asked her when she looked up at me curiously, maybe even a bit nervously since I had a red tie instead of a blue one to show I was a third year. She ducked back into her classroom to check for me and nodded. "Kyoutani-san, there's a third-year girl here to see you." She jumped in fright and I felt a little bad as she scurried off into the classroom to allow Kyoutani a wide berth to meet me at the door.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and gave me a pretty nasty suspicious glare. I tried to play it off and smile. "Could we talk somewhere private?" I asked him, he only continued to glare at me in silence and I hesitantly stepped back to turn and walk down the hall. Thankfully though I heard his footsteps follow me as I led him outside. I stopped near the gym that was currently not being used and it was nice and quiet around here so there would hopefully be no interruptions. "Kyoutani-san, sorry to drag you out here. But I really needed to talk to you. It's about volleyball. Ah, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start again and introduce myself." I cleared my throat and tried to calm down, his glare a bit unnerving but he didn't make any move to leave the conversation so I assumed it was safe to keep talking without him getting too upset.

I gave a small bow. "My name is Oikawa (F/N), I'm the new manager for the volleyball team. You're a regular on the team and I really would like it if you could attend practice like everyone else. Hajime told me that you're not very good at working with others, especially my brother. But I can toss for you to practice your spikes if you'll just at least show up a couple of times a week." It was essentially just begging at this point but I didn't care. I paused to wait for him to say something, anything. He just stared at me, the glare still present, though it looked more conflicted than angry now. "No." Was his simple answer and I stuck my bottom lip out in a slight pout. "Why not?" I called after him as he turned to walk back to class.

"Because I don't want to. Leave me alone." He growled and I huffed, taking my chances and reaching out to grab his arm, effectively pulling his hand from his pocket in the process. My hand slipped until I was just holding his wrist and he stopped to whirl around on me, yanking his hand away. "I said leave me alone!" He shot at me and I flinched at the snarling tone of voice he used. "Fine! I just wanted to help our team by helping you get better at working with the team so we could try for nationals!" I shouted back at him and stomped off, sure, it was childish, but even though I was a lot more docile than my twin brother, I could sometimes be just as childish.

I made it back to my classroom with a few seconds to spare before the bell rang and I plopped down in my seat at the back of the room with a frown, arms crossed over my chest as I glared out the window at the clouds. Why didn't that boy just listen? I even offered him the opportunity to work sort of by himself if he would just show up for attendance. So annoying. Maybe the way to get him to agree was to continue bothering him about it? But then I ran the risk of actually getting hurt if he was as violent as Tooru had told me he could be.

~~~~

At the end of the day, Iwaizumi came to stand beside my desk, a routine now that we were in the same club. I looked up at him and then back down at the notes I was putting away into my bag. "You can go to practice without me. I have something I have to do today. Tell Tooru I went home." He didn't look happy about me missing practice but it wasn't like I was a player. And it wasn't like they would fall apart for a day without a manager. They'd never had one so it didn't matter if I missed one practice.

He left and I walked to the shoe lockers. I changed my shoes then hurried out the main doors to begin my search for Kyoutani. I'd spotted him walk across the yard to the front gate as I'd been changing my shoes and wanted to catch up to him but wasn't entirely sure where he'd gone after leaving the school grounds. He'd turned left though so that's where I decided to start my search. 

In the end, I didn't find him. I got lost and had to call our older sister to come pick me up. She brought Takeru along though so at least it wasn't a complete loss. I got to see my cute nephew. I'd have to try again another day. And I'd have to be faster at getting to the shoe lockers so I could actually catch Kyoutani.