[1/??]

Reader POV

I plopped down in the seat in front of Iwaizumi after the lunch bell rang and everyone else cleared out of the room to go to the cafeteria or outside to eat their lunches. I sat backward's in the chair, putting my bento on his desk with a heavy sigh. "Hajime, I don't know how Tooru deals with those fangirls every day. The boys at this school are just as insane. I don't get why they're so obsessed with me. I just wanna go home." I complained, opening up my lunch and beginning to eat. He grunted in what I assumed was agreement as we both ate in peace and quiet for a few minutes. Then he finally spoke up. "Are you joining a club? We could use a manager." I looked up at him with a slight pout. "You just don't want to deal with Tooru alone anymore." "Yep. So you should apply to be our manager. You'd get to boss that Shittykawa around."

I chuckled a bit at the nickname and shook my head. "Fine. But you'll owe me. I want curry buns after practice for a week. You're paying. We can leave Tooru behind and make him think its a date." I gave Iwaizumi a playful wink and he threw a few grains of his rice at me. They bounced off my forehead and we both shared a short laugh. "Fine, whatever. As long as I don't have to suffer his annoying personality alone anymore." I rolled my eyes and quickly finished up the rest of my lunch, stealing one of the little sausages from Iwaizumi's bento before he could finish it in the process.

~~~~

After the last bell of the day, I headed to the teacher's office to find the volleyball club advisor and get an application form. He had just shooed off a group of about twenty Oikawa fangirls who wanted to be the team manager to get close to my brother so seeing my interest to apply for the position was probably a nice change of pace. "Finally, a girl that might actually do the job instead of ogling Oikawa all the time." He commented, handing me an application that I filled out right away before handing it back to him. "There's practice today too, right? I can start today. I need to wait for Iwaizumi and Tooru anyway so we can walk home together." "Perfect, I'll bring you down to the gym."

I followed after Mizoguchi to the gym and on the way, he stopped to yall to a boy I vaguely recognized from attending a practice game last year. He was a scary-looking one, to say the least, but I was sure that underneath it, he wasn't all that bad. After all, Iwaizumi looked a little scary too but he was a really caring friend once you got to know him. "Kyoutani-san, if you're going to linger around the school then come to practice!" Mizoguchi shouted across the yard. Kyoutani paused to look back at us, gave us a menacing glare then simply turned and continued to walk off. Mizoguchi sighed in frustration and continued our walk.

"Um, Coach Mizoguchi, what class is Kyoutani-san in? Maybe I could talk to him? If he's part of the team he really shouldn't be skipping practice." I suggested as we reached the door to the gym and he turned to look at me, thinking about it for a second. "He's in class 2-1. But it may not be the best idea to go talk to him by yourself. I'm not sure what that boy thinks and I'd hate for our manager to get hurt or something when she's only just started out." I nodded with a hum and we entered the gym. The whole team of regulars were here already, starting their stretches before they would get to actually practicing.

Mizoguchi clapped his hands to get everyone's attention and I stood quietly by his side, waving to my brother and Iwaizumi as they both got up to come over right away, the rest of the team walking over at a slower pace to form a semi-circle around me and the coach. "(F/N)-chan you're gonna be our new manager? Did you miss your brother that much? We see each other at home every day. You're greedy~" Tooru teased with an annoying wink and Iwaizumi elbowed him in the side for me. "Tooru, shut up. I did it because Hajime asked me to." I huffed at my brother and crossed my arms over my chest, earning a few amused snickers from the other third years. "Anyway... I'm Oikawa (F/N), I'll be your manager from today. Please take care of me." I introduced myself and gave a polite bow. A chorus of greetings sounded and everyone on the team bowed in return before the coach dismissed them to get to practice while I followed him to the bench to get the low down on what I needed to do as a manager.

~~~~

The team ended up splitting up to have a skirmish for the second half of practice and poor Kindaichi jammed a finger trying to block one of Iwaizumi's spikes. He tried to play it off, but it was obvious on his face that it hurt and I quietly turned to coach Mizoguchi to ask him where the first aid kit was and if it had any athletic tape. He pointed it out and I got up from the bench to go into the storage closet and grab what I was looking for. The coach blew the whistle to call a time out for me. "Kindaichi, which finger did you hurt? I'll wrap it for you." I said, trotting up to him holding the athletic tape up for him to see. He looked a little nervous to talk to me at all but managed to stutter out which finger it was with an adorable blush on his cheeks.

I took his hand in my own and began to wrap his fingers so they would be a bit more supported and not bend so much when blocking. "Please be more careful." I lightly scolded him and he nodded quickly, bowing. "Thank you, Oikawa-senpai!" I laughed awkwardly and glanced over at my brother who had perked up a bit too much at hearing that honorific attached to our shared last name. "Just (F/N) is fine. I don't want to be confused with my brother." He nodded again and I headed back to the bench to sit down and allow their skirmish game to continue.

Practice lasted until it was already dark outside and I waited patiently outside the locker room for my brother and Iwaizumi so we could walk home. "Ready to go?" Iwaizumi asked casually as he left the locker room ahead of my brother who followed close behind. I nodded and smiled a little. "Yeah, hey, is there a reason that Kyoutani boy doesn't come to practice? He's one of the regulars isn't he? He shouldn't be missing practice." I asked as the three of us walked off the school grounds. "KyoKen-chan doesn't listen, but his skills are good. His lack of practice with the team makes him a liability but we can't afford to lose him during games either." I frowned at my brother's absent-minded explanation and just turned to look up at Iwaizumi instead.

"He's powerful but lacks a sense of teamwork. He's dangerous to the opposing teams and our own when he's on the court, but every game he's played in has been a winning game, so we keep him around as a regular. Nobody knows how to deal with him. He does sometimes listen to me though. I don't really know why. We like to have little competitions sometimes." Iwaizumi tried to explain a bit better and I sighed. This was a problem. I couldn't help Kyoutani improve his game if he never attended practice. And after thinking over the pros and cons of it the rest of the way home, I finally came to decide that I would disregard Mizoguchi's warning and go try to talk with Kyoutani about attending practice.