1 Hour

Awkward.

Danger.

Somehow the fact that he was stuck in an elevator that stopped out of nowhere wasn't bothering him as much as the situation of being stuck with his high school-crush-now-nightmare was.

Jungkook still hadn't looked back at him to the point he'd recognize him. Or maybe he did and doesn't recall his face.

It was pretty unusual that the elevator of such a renowned place crashed down just like that. But it didn't seem like a thing to worry cause if there was some electrical issue, it could be fixed in no time since the entire hospital was suffering.

Jungkook didn't wait for more than a minute before pressing the emergency button to tryna get the shit outta here.

[∆]: Emergency services. What can we help you with?

J: The lift past the reception area has stopped abruptly on the eighteenth floor. Please fix the issue immediately.

[∆]: Alright sir, we'll look up for the matter right now. If the elevator doesn't start within the next five minutes, we'd call you back.

J: Alright, please make it quick. Thank you.

"Argh, seriously..." Taehyung leaned back on the wall at the back, hoping that the lift starts in no time and Jungkook seemed equally concerned and pissed.

".... Young?" Taehyung felt he heard Jungkook muttering some incoherent words. "Hmm?" But he couldn't know what exactly he said.

"Kim Taehyung. Isn't that you?"

Fuck. He knows.

Taehyung has two options here: To immediately accept and rather ask him in turn if he's Jeon Jungkook which obviously he knows he is or be a bitch and be like Do I know you, Mr?

But Taehyung's been enough of a bitch back in high school. He now, needs to up his game a little bit.

"You're Jeon Jungkook, aren't you?" He asked him in turn and Jungkook broke into a little friendly yet shy smile.

"Yeah. Well, didn't expect to see you again, here." That amused Taehyung as well as he thought of a witty response.

"Pretty disappointing isn't it? Instead of a bar, we're meeting up again at a hospital instead." That made him broke into a small fit of a laughter.

Pretty weird. It is really.

They barely used to have any time alone in high school. He was a kid who was friends with most of the popular kids in school, including Jungkook. Like they were hi-bye kinda friends.

And he secretly used to wish he ever got time to spend alone with him without the others nosing around and here he was.

After about three years, stuck in an elevator with him.

For God knows how long.

"So what can be the possible issue here?" He couldn't help but asked since they'd been stuck here for five minutes already and Jungkook just kept waiting patiently for their call or some sort of response.

"Can't say exactly but I don't think any other elevator is facing the same fate. This one probably has some issues with the wires or something," Jungkook nervously tapped his phone with his fingers, "I hope they do something about it soon, though."

Taehyung hummed in response. He knew it was gonna be hella awkward specifically with Jungkook around but more than that, he knew his mom would probably devour the hospital faculty in her wrath if she finds her son being stuck in an elevator for long.

He didn't want to get her all tensed. He just wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible.

And so did Jungkook.

But we don't always get what we want, right?

30 minutes.

They'd already been here for about 30 minutes. Thank God for the fan services inside, otherwise they would have died of humidity and heat. Jungkook kept pushing the helpline button that didn't seem to respond that well.

Jungkook had been trying somebody's phone number as well but the connections on the inside just sucked.

45 minutes.

They were getting impatient now.

But before anything, the helpline responded out of the blue.

[∆]: We're sorry sir, but the faculty is checking what's the issue. We can't say when the services will start again. Just be patient.

Fuck.

[Drop in a vote if you liked it uwu! ]