Here I Stand (Continuation of I can't remember anything...) Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jaylah's POV

If I told you that I was ready to begin this journey of being Queen. I would be lying. Yesterday, was suppose to be my first day of searching for my mate. Me and Jaymes were all ready for school. Heck we were AT school. We were at our first period when a student aid, that worked at the office, came in with a little slip of paper that said that me and Jaymes were to report to the office immediately for early dismissal. The word immediately, was underlined a couple times and was in bold print.

We were confused when we entered the office and saw Grandmother, there. We thought something was wrong, but what she said made me groan. We had to take care of 'Queen Duty.' She told us that we were going to meet Grandfathers parents. Who were my Great Grandparents.

Now, I've heard a couple of stories about them and... man they're strict. I heard that they weren't always that way. It was when Grandfather ran away, that they became strict.

And what got me was that they didn't like Grandmother. They hated her! All because their son didn't want to marry the woman of their choice. They just need to face it and admit that they aren't the best match makers.

When I met Grandfathers parents they told me to call them O'ma and O'pa, they said that it would be easier to keep track of. They didn't look any older then thirty five, maybe event younger. We talked about dates. Like this Saturday we would have a meeting for meeting the first group of the Future Kings. They were so positive that my mate would be of our kind.

I even asked what would happen if my mate was just plain human. All they did was laugh. They said that it was, I quote: 'highly impossible and a disgrace to the family name.'

Before leaving they gave me a video camera. They told me that I would have to make a video diary of the Redemption of my becoming of Queen. I would have to tell a video camera about my day, my feeling, and thoughts. I was up for it. I was actually excited about it. I would love in the future, when I'm Queen and married to some unknown man, to go back and watch the video. It's actually a good idea.

I would have to start using the camera today, since it my first day in search for My King. Right now me and Jaymes were in the car on our way to school. You know something that I noticed about myself ever since I got SOME of my memory back? I'm not the smartest person in the world. I wasn't stupid or anything, I just found the most easiest things hard to figure out. But I'm a different person now. And yes my unsmartness does slip some time, but in general I'm pretty smart and use my common sense.

Jaymes parked the car and before getting out he took my left hand and gave it a squeeze. He looked at me with a smile. "You ready your Highness?"

"Ha ha! Funny. Let's go," I said as I got out the car. Jaymes got out and we started walking towards the school, as people just stared at us (just like yesterday). At that moment that was when I noticed something.

"Jaymes, what the hell are you wearing?" I asked him looking at him wide eyed. My brother, who swore that he was not conceited is wearing a shirt that say 'I MUST ADMIT, IT IS A LITTLE DAWNTING SOMETIMES TO BE THIS PERFECT.' The word perfect was bigger than the other words.

Jaymes looked down at his shirt. "Hey, I'm not the kind to brag, so... I let the shirt do the talking." He smiled. Man, soon his conceitedness is going to annoy me to the point of murder. "I understand your jealous of my good looks. Understandable."

"Jaymes you really think I give a damn about your supposed 'good looks.' " Something that I got in the habit of is cussing. I used to hate when people cuss, but now I'm the main one doing it. It's a bad new habit of mine and I really am trying to break it, but it's hard once you started.