CHAPTER THIRTY: Two Hearts

There was indeed an attack within the academy. Since majority of the remaining students and faculties were in the Great Hall, it was easy for their attackers to corner everyone. Fortunately Francis was able to alarm the Enforcers, and with the help of the slayers, they were able to ward off the attackers. Her friends Yumi, Mari and Ian all of a sudden became warrior and amazons, helping out in the fight. As a result, Nurse Jane became very busy patching up everyone.

Lira went to Ms. Amara's office and explained to the headmistress and Prince Philip what had happened inside the woods. Ms. Amara gave a nod of approval, saying it was a good sign she could control her abilities now. Philip also explained what Nicholas had learned from Alexander. He also said it was time for his brothers to be aware about the Covenant and the Dayanghirang.

As per Philip, Nicholas was able to delve inside the mind of Alexander during his captivity. He now knew the names of their enemies.

After her meeting, Lira met with her friends in the rec room. Each one of them was eyeing the other, as if waiting for someone to open a certain topic they wanted to discuss at the same time wanted to avoid.

"Okay, what is it?" Lira asked when she couldn't take it any longer.

"What happened to you last night?" Yumi asked.

Lira explained the events with her friends, but excluding her major freaking out mode with the thunder and lightning.

"So what happened here last night?" Lira asked.

"Lira you should have seen me!" Yumi exclaimed. "I was like super-duper cool and all!"

They all recounted the stories, but like her, she felt as if each one where hiding a secret.

It was nearing dawn when the girls decided to retire in their rooms. Lira sat on her bed and drew her knees near her chest. Memories of Dalisay resurfaced that night in the woods. The Diwata was guiding her. No, not guiding her. The Diwata was not a separate entity –she was the Diwata. Dalisay was Lira and Lira was Dalisay. They were one. They shared the same memories; shared the same feelings. When she thought Nicholas died, she felt Dalisay's anguish as well.

And now that her memories have been unearthed in the depth of her subconscious mind, the Covenant was now very clear to her. She knew of her purpose –the reason why the Dayanghirang was formed in the past, made the Blood Compact and the Covenant. Her role in this play was very much clear to her.

She thought of ways on how to explain this to Nicholas. How would Nicholas take it if she told him it was her duty and oath to kill Lazarus, his father? Or maybe Nicholas would not care since Lazarus was pure evil and Nick was not. Maybe it would not matter to him since he didn't know Lazarus was his father until a few months ago. Now that the Diwata was fully awaked meant that Lazarus was about to rise as well.

***

Lira insisted to see Nicholas that afternoon. When she woke up later that day, she swiftly took a bath, got dressed and stormed towards the vampires' home. She banged at the door several times before Sevastian opened it and admitted her in. Although the sun was still high, most of the vampires were wide awake inside the darkened mansion. Sevastian explained that vampires need only to sleep three or four hours or none at all. And here she thought vampires were asleep all throughout the day. She made her way to Nicholas' room with Sevastian beside her.

Nicholas was lying on the bed being forced fed by Elisabeth, a glass with red liquid inside was on the female vampire's hand. Nicholas stubbornly turned his head to the side, avoiding the glass. His bothers, Prince Philip and Stephan were standing beside the bed. All the curtains were drawn down, not permitting even the tiniest ray of sun inside the room.