chapter xxiii

chapter xxiii. Mission Accomplished

"Wow, you really are intent on finding someone, huh?" Shivaay commented once they were in the car.

Anika looked down at herself with a proud smile. "You could have complimented me directly. I know I look good."

Not receiving any reply, Anika decided to continue the conversation. "It is unfair, you have a date but you look like your regular self. If I want a date, I had to put in so many efforts."

"That is because I put in my best effort to look good every day."

"And also because I don't give a damn to beauty standards every day." Anika countered.

"So why now? Why not go simple and wait for someone who agrees to not bother with said beauty standards?"

Anika looked thoughtful for a few seconds.

"Ha, I mislead them first and then wait for them to get a little involved and unleash my inner sloth."

Shivaay shook his head. "I wonder how you plan finding anyone. More importantly, I hope I don't end up with someone like you, since you seme to love yourself so much."

Ignoring him, Anika busied herself with her phone. When they arrived, they got down and walked towards the restaurant.

"Whenever you are ready to leave, send me a message." Anika smiled. "Best of luck. Swoon her."

Shivaay chuckled and headed inside, leaving Anika to herself. As she sat by the bar, Anika looked around. The place was pretty empty, given that it was early in the night. Ordering a glass of wine, she sat there, ready to put her time to best use.

---

Shivaay found himself a table, opening his chats with Anika. She had messaged him the details somewhere.

"Hi Shivaay!"

Shivaay looked up to find Ragini Malhotra-Chauhan.

"Oh Ragini!" What are you doing here? He was about to ask but was interrupted.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to reschedule. I really have to catch a flight at 2 in the morning and won't be back for a week."

Shivaay furrowed his brows. What was happening? Ragini was his date?

"Sit. I've ordered starters. Give me a second, I forgot my stuff outside."

Ragini nodded and settled down as Shivaay hurried to a corner of the restaurant.

What the hell?

Weird Woman: What?

Did you look into her background at all?

Weird Woman: I thought you won't do all this research. Walk into the date with an open mind.

So you'll set me up with a married woman?

Weird Woman: What?

Yes. She is married. I attended her wedding 3 months ago.

Three.

Weird Woman: but there is nothing like that anywhere...

Shivaay bit the inside of his lip to control his anger. Stalking outside he walked to the bar where Anika was sitting. She was still staring at her phone in confusion.